FP 2/3/... Modules & Wishlist meta discussion

What kind of potential use-cases do you have in mind?

2 Likes

I liked the concept of my old LG g3 a lot, which had such buttons on the back and so I thought why not make a small PCB with those abilities + some extra pads for other stuff to tinker :slight_smile:

2 Likes

let out your inner nerdā€¦ :smiley:

8 Likes

Hi.

It would be nice to improve the loud speaker and make it more loud. The current maximum volume is not really loud and not efficient in noisy environment.

The value in /etc/mixer_paths.xml is 87 by default. I tried to increase it to 92 but the sound quality is lower. So I guess itā€™s a hardware limitation.

3 Likes

Iā€™d wish for them to port new chipsets to the phone and different displays like 18:9 display etc to make it more interesting for the consumer to make their own phone. Then if I wanted to make my phone have better chipset or better display , I could buy the latest module instead of buying a new phone for instance. IF such a thing is implemented, I will buy the phone instantly!

Different displays is hard I thinkā€¦ I mean the size of the display is pretty much the size of the hole device ā€¦ different resolutions would be possibleā€¦ for me the fairphone is allright :slight_smile: not perfect but for now I couldn`t wish more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

About the covers, the original transparent one was looking really great, showing what makes FairPhone so special.
Such a pity that those covers were not strong enough.
Is there any chance to do the ā€œslimā€ covers with a transparent material ? Would be great.

2 Likes

Many have asked - only one has delivered so far:

1 Like

I donā€™t understand. Do you mean that they are working on it and delivered only one cover to someone who asked ? Those pictures are showing something about 3D printing. Is that a partner of FairPhone ?

No I meant many have asked the same question as you. Only one person did something about it.

1 Like

And how about the FairPhone company ? Is there something in their plan if so many people asked already ?

Only they can give you an answer to that question.

https://www.fairphone.com/en/about/contact-us/

Thanks. Just contacted them and already got a reply !

12 Likes

In another thread a bottom module for FP2 with USB-C was asked for, and itā€™s included above in the wish list. Now that the new camera modules are shipping - is this the next step?

Iā€™m quite fond of the new USB cable standard and even though it wonā€™t change anything but the physical layout Iā€™d like the next bottom module I replace the current one with after itā€™s worn out to have USB-C.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

A few new PCBs IĀ“m currently working on :slight_smile:
They will be used as addons for the DIY-shield and add different possibilities to your FP2. :slight_smile:

#1: Adds a microphone (easier to use than the internal) and a few Neopixels to visualize sound:

#2: Adds an OLED which could be used for example to display the number of messages or calls or whatever

#3: Adds a charlieplexed LED matrix with 15 x 7 LEDs

what do you thing ?
any ideas for addon-boards or complete extension boards?

8 Likes

You love your Fairphone? Me too!!

Show your LOVE :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Speaking of USB ports: for the next model, I really would like the headphone jack and the USB port to be on the same side.

Using headphones while also charging the phone with a battery pack makes it almost impossible to carry the phone in my coat pocket, not to mention inherently hardware damaging.

3 Likes
  • three SIM based
  • One SIM is cryto-proceted
  • Firefox-OS based
  • Taking Firefox-OS in dev. for future mobile devices

All the BEST!

Bruno Ballack

1 Like

Push NFC for enable using AndroidBeam for fast sharing data with friends^^lg

maybe this is already solved for the actual fp2 models - but it would be great if the sim slots could easily be repaired/exchanged. in the first fp2 models this seems not to be possible, if one of the two slots gets broken.

1 Like