FP 2/3/... Modules & Wishlist meta discussion

Does it make sense to start a FP3 Wishlist now? I would like that!

1 Like

Yeah, why not, go ahead! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, some ideas:

For the future I’d suggest to consider designing a phone with a SOC which can be equipped with different kinds of cameras.

E.g. here is an add-on for the iPhone for doctors:

https://www.doccheckshop.de/Praxis/Diagnostikinstrumente/Dermatoskope/Heine-iC1-Dermatoskop/

And here is a phone with build-in thermal imager:

I know there are some add-ons for sale with thermal imagers (plugged to the usb port), but the quality is not that good (to say the least)…

It might be interesting for some companies if they can create add-ons for the Fairphone and don’t have to design a whole phone? So designing a phone with well-documented ports might be something to consider…?

I don’t know if such a port has to be different to the USB socket, but technical figures /ready-to-use files for a customized back (e.g. for 3D printers) might help?

And, of course, it might be nice to have RAW support for the camera!

And, for my TV, DVD and else: an IR port and an IR app…

The Wishlist above has a section for “wishes for future Fairphones”. I don’t know if it makes sense to make a wishlist for “the FP3” as long as we don’t know whether the FP3 will be higher or lower-end than the FP2.

@Stefan: The “/3/…” in the topic title was intentional. :wink:

1 Like

I know that it was intentional, but I was excited about a new topic. :blush: I’ll put the “/3/…” back. :stuck_out_tongue:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fairphone 3 - Interview of Bas from FrAndroid

I think scrolling through 178 posts can be cumbersome, especially if many are related to the FP2, so I would like to open my new thread to discuss my wish for the next Fairphone.

1 Like

I’m currently working on an extension module which is adding capacitive buttons to the back oft the FP2 :slight_smile: so if anyone is interessted … Tell me !! :smiley:

8 Likes

What kind of potential use-cases do you have in mind?

2 Likes

I liked the concept of my old LG g3 a lot, which had such buttons on the back and so I thought why not make a small PCB with those abilities + some extra pads for other stuff to tinker :slight_smile:

2 Likes

let out your inner nerd… :smiley:

8 Likes

Hi.

It would be nice to improve the loud speaker and make it more loud. The current maximum volume is not really loud and not efficient in noisy environment.

The value in /etc/mixer_paths.xml is 87 by default. I tried to increase it to 92 but the sound quality is lower. So I guess it’s a hardware limitation.

3 Likes

I’d wish for them to port new chipsets to the phone and different displays like 18:9 display etc to make it more interesting for the consumer to make their own phone. Then if I wanted to make my phone have better chipset or better display , I could buy the latest module instead of buying a new phone for instance. IF such a thing is implemented, I will buy the phone instantly!

Different displays is hard I think… I mean the size of the display is pretty much the size of the hole device … different resolutions would be possible… for me the fairphone is allright :slight_smile: not perfect but for now I couldn`t wish more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

About the covers, the original transparent one was looking really great, showing what makes FairPhone so special.
Such a pity that those covers were not strong enough.
Is there any chance to do the “slim” covers with a transparent material ? Would be great.

2 Likes

Many have asked - only one has delivered so far:

1 Like

I don’t understand. Do you mean that they are working on it and delivered only one cover to someone who asked ? Those pictures are showing something about 3D printing. Is that a partner of FairPhone ?

No I meant many have asked the same question as you. Only one person did something about it.

1 Like

And how about the FairPhone company ? Is there something in their plan if so many people asked already ?

Only they can give you an answer to that question.

https://www.fairphone.com/en/about/contact-us/