I'm currently using both FP1 & FP2. After I rooted and ungoogled the FP2 I'll decide which Phone I'll keep and which one I'll gift/lend to a friend, but for now I'm in the cool situation to be able to compare the 2 phones directly.
I noticed lots of Software differences and I am going to list those that I pin on the different Android versions and in my opinion are worse on FP2.
EDIT: I added differences reported by other users (also in other topics) and made this a wiki
These are not bugs! For bugs look here: List of known bugs. Here you find a list of Feature Requests
- Recent Apps (FP1: long press home button, FP2: Tap the recent apps/views button)
- on FP1 I can long press one of the recent Apps and get the App Info, so I can actually find out which App this is. On FP2 I only see the symbol of the App, but if e.g. I get a popup from a preinstalled App the Symbol is often just the green Android, so I have no way of knowing what App it is exactly.
- On FP2 Popups that should disappear will show in the Recent Apps panel as well and overcrowd it that way.
- Lock Screen
- App Info (Settings > All Apps)
- On FP1 the App Info includes the Version Number, on FP2 I can't find that.
- Sign in to WiFi
- When I connect to a Wi-Fi that has a Sign-in Form the Notification for that (WiFi Symbol with Questionmark) takes me to my standard Browser (Firefox) on FP1 and to a popup from an unknown App (see above) on FP2. The popup itself is annoying but what's worse: Firefox will stay connected even if the WiFi connection breaks up for a few seconds; the unknown App on FP2 asks me to sign up again every time! And with an unstable WiFi connection like the one I have at work that makes the FP2 unusable for browsing (which is why I'm writing this on FP1)
- Dual Sim
- Sound effects