(Original/regular) Cover issues (deformed, splits, cracks) (see first post)

Any updates on this? I opened a ticket last week, no response so far.

Still no answer from support on my side, too.
Additionally to the volume buttons it is separating on the camera button, too.
I ordered a non-transparent cover (as it is made of some other plastics than the transparent ones) and use this for now, but I’d like to here from support… @anon73900052 could you help me?

I received an answer from @anon73900052 for my request (10:39). They will send me a new cover.

He just asked me for a photo (I did not make one before) and the preferred cover colour.

I think writing your ticket number next to the question would be helpful.

2 Likes

Hi @everybody,

Thank you for raising this issue and reporting it with photos.

Could you please contact the Customer Support team with the Subject: “Cracked case FP2”. Join one or several photos showing the crack(s) or split(s) on your back cover.

We will then replace the defective back cover under warranty. If you wish to receive another colour than the one your order, please state it clearly.

Thanks!

9 Likes

My replacement cover is on its way.

I think it will have the same journey as my FP2.

Look what arrived today:

A new, intact black matte back cover.

4 Likes

I have a slightly different issue - rubber around the case has warped. No cracks in the case - nothing major at least…

Don’t forget, people - there is no need to say “i have only opened the phone 2 times” - the case itself says “Designed to be opened”

Tagging @anon73900052 so that he is aware or this similar issue.
I will open a ticket with support.

1 Like

I moved your post to the right topic.

He is aware, here is his response:

1 Like

Hi all,

My back cover has warped around the volume adjustment keys, it now bows out quite considerably. The only times I have removed it off are for when I have to take the battery out for when the phone freezes. Do I have to pay for cover or can I order a free replacement?

Thanks

Jonathan

There have been issues with some back covers, but you should get a replacement under warranty. See also here:

I’d recommend to contact support and attach a picture of the broken cover.

Thank you very much.

Jonathan

Here are the photos of the warping. Can you help Fairphone 2 Massive team?!

Please note that this is just a community forum, Fairphone staff doesn’t look in regularly.

If you want to contact support, you have to open a ticket, or you can call them directly (this will speed up everything significantly, as they currently have a huge backlog in replying to tickets).

You will find contact details here (scroll down).

1 Like

Thanks mate. I have now done that.

Jonathan

Same Problem for me,
I already opened a ticket, but I’m a little concerned it will not be finished til the term of warranty …

As long as you report it before the end of the warranty period, you should be fine.

Your cover is just bent a little. Does that really bother you?
Mine looks the same and it doesn’t cause any issues (like dirt getting in).
I don’t know if a little cosmetical flaw is covered by warranty.

Same issue here. I just glued it with Pattex super gel, it sticks (for now) but it is not so pretty actually… but it could be a solution while waiting for a new cover.
Anika

Considering no one has had a FP2 for more than about 7 months… I think that was sarcasm! :joy: