'Open' & 'Libre' Office Documents

I was looking for an app to open Libre Office spreadsheets.

Although there is the
LibreOffice & OpenOffice document reader in F-Droid I didn’t find it useable. It lost a fair bit of interpretation graphically and editing was painful more .

However I found this.
Collabora It’s about 100Mb and the first time it took more than a minute to open a file. But now it seems fine, maybe it has it in cache :slight_smile:
https://www.collaboraoffice.com/downloads/Collabora-Office-Android-Snapshot/collabora-office-mobile-6.4-snapshot-arm64-v8a-2022-01-24.apk

6 Likes

Thanks. I saw that but thought it was only a reader. Will see if it can edit :slight_smile:

Just installed: I note it is 3 years old for an ‘older’ Android OS

UPDATE: Opens quickly but patchy and can’t find any edit option

1 Like

Thanks for this tip! Collabora are good people with an upstream-first mentality when it comes to open source software. They employ a handful of people to contribute to all the open source graphics drivers, which is how I know of them. Definitely a party I trust not to build a business model over the backs of other people’s privacy.

3 Likes

Correct. You spoke only from “open”, nothing from edit

I can say from my own experience that this app is trash. I don’t remember exactly why, but I do remember that I absolutely hated it (I think it mainly crashed constantly and never properly worked)

1 Like

Collabora Office works fine here on FP2 and FP4.
If I remember it right, the LibreOffice Viewer is ok for viewing documents but buggy in the experimental mode for editing documents.

3 Likes

Collabora Office works best for me.
It is also available via their F-Droid repository:

7 Likes

Maybe that was a while ago and it’s Ok now ?

That’s a good solution. :+1:

Because of the size and the first time startup, The LibreOffice Reader is still an option for some people if they just want to read a document quickly without editing it, I think.

1 Like

I think you can import and export ods files into google docs.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Can I trust Google

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can I trust Google

Collabora Office works fine here on a FP3+.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.