English

Oooh. Ohhh. Lineage 15.1 (testing)

Hi Friederike ! :slight_smile:
This option is available in settings (in french > Boutons > Menu Marche/Arrêt > Mode Avion)

2 Likes

I am following the developments here now since a while. Sounds like there is almost everything you need on a daily base working now?! GREAT Work!!!

The only think that lets me step back from an install now is encryption that does not work?!

When my phone is off and the battery was drained completely, the phone will not boot. i charged the battery for a while, but it always shows the battery charging icon, while trying to start the phone. it doesn’t get out of this battery loading thing until the cable is removed. then i had to wait about 5-10sec and it was booting correctly.

I remember having the same behaviour on 14.1, so this might not be limited to 15.

1 Like

Yes, same behaviour occurs in 14.1

1 Like

By the way, is encryption working in LOS 15.1 without the need to remove the new cam module?

there is a bug report > Weekly/nightly bug reportingBUGBASH-1562 - Cannot restart out of charging mode

Also there is a bug report for this in the official android 7 build of FOS https://bugtracker.fairphone.com/project/fairphone-android-7/issue/26

Once again I am amazed how fast @chrmhoffmann managed to bring Oreo to the Fairphone 2.
Huge thanks again! :+1::clap::clap:

I updated my LOS 15.1 to the latest build without any problems today.

I have been using LineageOS 15.1 for 2 weeks now without running into any serious problems (except the small issues already reported).

Two parts of my LOS 14.1 setup are still missing though:

1. cannot use MagiskManager to hide root from specific apps
    (patched the boot image, reboot was fine, but could not install any apps anymore)
    not a big problem, but I have to remember to turn off root for my banking apps

2. LocationProvider UnifiedNlp for using network and wifi location providers

@Roboe
What is the status on that? Does the install not work at all or is it just not persistent (does not survive system update)?

3 Likes

Flashing works in the sense that it puts the apps in the system, but Android O requires new permission files for system apps to work. Otherwise, they don’t show up at all. I’m looking for some free time to work on this.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot! I did not know about this. It is really comfortable!!!

I’m hiding root with the “iSu” app, and this is enough to pass safetynet and play Pokemon Go :wink:
I have a widget on my homescreen with a button to enable/disable SU :slight_smile:
However, even with SafetyNet passed, my bank app doesn’t work (it was working in 14.1) I wonder if they have other checks, like cheking the ROM signature?

2 Likes

Did anyone already try the build with microg?

@LeonL I tried, but it the patcher says odexed roms are not supported and stopps when flashing.

@chrmhoffmann I tested bluetooth audio today in my car for about 45 minutes, there were no interruptions or playback problems. I’m going to test tomorrow with the headphones again and will post a full logcat (deleted the old one already).

New build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528064987

Changes: Hopefully now fixed LEDs. Thx to Demon000 <demonsingur@_____.com>

Chris

10 Likes

Notification LED is fixed for me! :clap:

The bluetooth issues seem to be gone with the 31.July build.
I tested with the earphones for 2x 45minutes and had no connection loss.

Build install via TWRP 3.2.2-0
lineage 15.1-20180731

1 Like

Build installed via TWRP 3.2.2-0 (Releases)

The following things work for me so far:

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • internet via mobile network
  • screenshot
  • main camera (new module, flash works correctly with Open Camera)
  • selfie camera (new module)
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • alarm
  • MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.9
  • root (Settings - Developer Settings - Root Access)
  • USB OTG
  • WiFi hotspot
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
  • FM radio

Works for me :+1: .

1 Like

I have problems using Google Maps - anybody else?

Seems to work fine for me. Define “problems” …