Oooh. Ohhh. Lineage 15.1 (testing)

Seems to work fine for me. Define “problems” …

It won’t open… but I will install the latest release now, and reinstall GMaps and test it again.

Works for me with opengapps pico and the latest build.

I don’t know it this is a build - or generally OREO-related question:

Is there a way change/set the standard app for e.g. video?
In earlier android versions it was “Settings - Apps…” and then click on the three spots in the top right corner, but they are not there.
I want MX player to play videos, instead of playing them in the browser.

Usually you need to go to Settings > Apps > All Apps > Browser and clear the defaults of the browser. Next time you start a video, Android should ask you which app you want to use for watching.

In Firefox you can also click the little Android icon next to the web address whenever there is an app that could also handle the content that’s viewed in the browser at the moment.

1 Like

I have it working, as I have a local change to the bootloader. I sent the patch to FP through the bugtracker, but no news (is bad news here).

Chris

6 Likes

New build available: fixes video recording + some CVE fixes

2 Likes

Yes, I want to go home and rethink my life, but anyway … I didn’t find it online, so I started to do it myself and learned a lot.
So have fun exploring, filling in some blanks and correcting any mistakes and inconsistencies :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi,
I installed lineages OS 15.1 by wiping the system, then I enabled the encryption. Now from TWRP 3.2.2-0 I cannot access the data even by typing the encryption password. How can I update the OS?

You don’t need TWRP to decrypt data (*) in order to update the OS. Just press cancel and then adb sideload.
Chris

(*) This is a known issue and not a FP2-specific bug.

3 Likes

The changes for FP2 are now merged into lineage-15.1 branches. I hope we’re good to go soon.

Chris

16 Likes

… or install from SD card (Install - Select Storage).

The issue is that TWRP can’t decrypt data yet when encrypted with LineageOS 15.1.
That it doesn’t need to decrypt data for OS installs rather saves the day :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

Wow, that looks like it was a lot of work! :+1: And now I get this post. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We’re ready to go: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/LineageOS/hudson/+/221293/

Please don’t forget when upgrading first time to official 15.1 that you also have to flash new gapps for 15.1 otherwise: bootlooping.

For all the testers, you have to reinstall (or somehow find a zip that migrates the keys - there are some docs somewhere how to do it).

Chris

16 Likes

Question: Do I have to do anything special when upgrading from 14.1 Nightly to 15.1 Nightly? Do I have to wipe/format my data partition? (I hope not…)

As is common in IT … the answer to that which saves you from most of any potential trouble is the answer you least want to hear :wink: .

4 Likes

Hi,
No, you should not need to wipe. You have to flash directly after 15.1 the new 15.1 gapps without rebooting in between.

Chris

3 Likes

These settings are now in …

Settings

• Apps & notifications (Permissions, default apps)
    • Advanced
      • Default apps
2 Likes

Does installing 15.1 now work with a 14.1-encrypted data partition?
It’s not mentioned under Known issues any more.

1 Like

Migration zip for 14.1 testing to 14.1 official should still work hopefully.

5 Likes