⭐ European Fairphoners Community Trip to Amsterdam 2018 (#EFCT18)

Probably yes, at least you have windmills and they are still useful (news article of today, use your favourite online translator to translate it as I don’t have time to write a TLDR right now)

There are various (local) museums that touch on this, yes. One example is the Cruquius pumping station (where they also have some exhibits about the history of various techniques of water management).
The more major tourism draw related to water management (not land reclamation per sé) is probably the delta works (with a visitor attraction at Neeltje Jans), but these are a bit tricky to get to (3+ hrs single trip on public transport from Amsterdam).

1 Like

You can now hit “Going” above to show that you’ll be attending #efct18. Let’s have the counter go up! :smiley:

grafik

2 Likes

You need to fix the description, there is no bed free in the dorm anymore!

2 Likes

I’m roaming around the Netherlands during the EFCT18. I’m aiming to drop by for part of it, but don’t know yet when exactly. (I won’t need accommodation)

4 Likes

After a Skype call with @Monica.Ciovica I updated the #EFCT18 Schedule Draft. It’s pretty full now already and I’m looking forward to the experiences. :smiley:

2 Likes

So workshop day is already filled?
Or can other workshops from the list still be squeezed in?

What do you have in mind?

Well e.g. the Amstadam node of FairCoop agreed to hold a workshop a long time ago, but since I didn’t know which days are reserved for workshops I couldn’t make any further plans with them.
I’m guessing now it’s too late anyway.

Everyone, who wants to share a cheap group ticket on the train to Alkmaar on Tuesday, please send @AlbertJP, @Amber or me a PM with your given name, surname and birth date!

PS.: If you are already in the group PM, simply enter your details in :lock: this post.

I have just ordered a battery in the outlet store. It appears Monica wants to have the orders in a few days, so I’d recommend the other EFCT participants to order quickly if you want to pick up parts.

2 Likes

I can’t change the Schedule - it says more than 10 users are mentioned - I can’t save. :frowning_face:

Try again now. :slight_smile:

tut. danke. (blöden 20 Zeichen. :stuck_out_tongue:)

@AlbertJP I think it was until Monday… :wink:

@Stefan, my battery has been ordered & invoice sent to me so apparently I was still on time.

@spaniel, I see in the top post that you have taken the spare bed in Chris’s room. Nice to see you’re joining. Can I add you to the group PM discussing the schedule?

1 Like

yeah, that would be nice, thanks!

Austrian Fairphoners on the road … um… on rails.

9 Likes

Those bottles sure look like you’re getting prepped for an Olympic sports event :smiling_imp:

4 Likes