Official LineageOS is here!

Awesome, since when does LOS contain the proximity sensor tool? I just saw it.
I can’t really test it as I don’t have any issues but if this works that will make some people really happy.

7 Likes

I saw it appear in the last release, the past tuesday, 2017-11-21. It was a good surprise! And it worked flawlessly for me, :hugging:

Specific commit is here: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP2/commit/33ed4fafe474ea4f62fbad3aeb426fa21337f251

3 Likes

ohhhh thx :slight_smile: i also think that this is a bug :slight_smile::grinning:

Is there a way we can donate to the project (the port)? I’ve been so happy with LOS that I feel a donation is appropriate.

5 Likes

Donate to the red cross.

Chris

16 Likes

https://wiki.lineageos.org/costs/

4 Likes

Just to confirm the good job with this port for FP2:

I found more people using the adopted storage on standard Android (not Lineage OS) and having to restart their phones every few days for the storage to be found again.
So it seems to be a general issue to be fixed upstream on Android.

As my last nightly update was only 4 days after flashing Lineage OS and using this adoptable storage feature for the first time, the issue has most likely nothing to do with Lineage OS or this port for FP2.
Maybe it also depends on the SD card model. I’m using a 64 GB SanDisk Ultra Class 10 card.

If adopted storage refers to bundling SD cards as one device transparently, try a different SD card. Generally speaking I’ve had crap like that happening more often or solely on smartphones when it was cold outside.

Hi Paula, where did you find the tool? I can’t find it?

Latest LOS Build
Thanks for helping…
Tobias

In the list of installed apps. :wink:

1 Like

Ah, thanks I found it, but am I too stupid to open it to calibrate? I always get problems with the sensor using WhatsApp

OK, stupid me. I got it working.

2 Likes

Update installed via TWRP 3.1.1-2

The following things work for me so far:

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • internet via mobile network
  • screenshot
  • main camera (new module)
  • selfie camera (new module)
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • alarm (incl. swiping it off)
  • MyPhoneExplorer
  • root

For things that might not work there’s a bugtracker.

So you’re not stupid. You tried and you succeeded :wink:

2 Likes

I am unable to install LineageOs 14.1 official on my Fairphone 2 (Model n° FP2, Build n° FP2-gms-17.11.2 release-keys) using TWRP 3.1.1-2. Wipe done, factory reset tried, always the same error: “twrp can’t install this package on top of incompatible data” Thanks everybody for your help.
Pierre

Lineage 20171128, opengapps-nano 20171127
I’m having some more battery useAge while using the phone. I have the impression that cpu runs on higher frequency and more cores are active. Phone also feels warmer. Anyone else also, or did i manage some misconfiguration?

Can’t say I noticed anything in that direction, I have OpenGApps pico though.
But then again I accept certain battery usage when I actively use the phone and didn’t optimize much, and I have a flip case around the phone, so I only notice warmth when I test calling functionality after an update, because then my ear feels it :slight_smile:

Also … be aware of the different performance profiles you can set …

1 Like

I don’t know where it came from, but even before updating and without running a special app I experienced yesterday a battery drop of 30 percent within maybe 20 min…

1 Like

This topic has become a bucket for many different issues.
We encourage you to start a separate thread for each issue.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Is FP2 arm or arm64?