Official LineageOS is here!

Haha, you are totally right! Fixed!

1 Like

Migration went smooth also without this last fix snevas!

2 Likes

Successfully migrated to nightly.

2 Likes

Migration was successful and the first nightly is now running on my FP2 :slight_smile:

Thanks @chrmhoffmann for all your work on this!
Also thanks to @snevas for providing all the OTA updates and now finally the migration files!

4 Likes

Is there also a update function included? Like OTA?
Or does the future updates only work via flashing with TWRP?

OTA updates like always. From LineageOS servers though, instead of @snevas’ server space.

6 Likes

Thank you. Switched the LOS without problems.

1 Like

Great news! and congrats!
I moved too without google apps.
The only thing I am wondering about is that in settings the updater app says I do not have an internet connection. So I hope that is just because there is no new update. Just to mention it.
cheers
charlie

1 Like

This is so cool. :sunglasses: Thanks!

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Flashing LineageOS without root

I also migrated to the nightly build without problems. Thanks a lot for all your efforts you are putting into the support of LineageOS!

1 Like

This needs getting used to again :slight_smile: .
Migration worked well :+1: .

Edit:

• modem-17.09.3.zip (unchanged, not installed again)
  • lineage-migrate-to-prod-signed.zip
  • lineage-14.1-20171024-nightly-FP2-signed.zip
  • addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip
  • open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20171024.zip

The following things work for me so far:

• call / be called
  • send SMS / receive SMS
  • internet via WiFi
  • internet via mobile network
  • screenshot
  • main camera (new module)
  • selfie camera (new module)
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • alarm (incl. swiping it off)
  • MyPhoneExplorer
  • root
3 Likes

I migrated just now (you’ll have a +1 for the community challenge :slight_smile: ) and all was smooth. I have kept microG with @roboe survival script, no need to install it again :smiley: (As I do for every update, i only did patch with tingle…)

4 Likes

Just migrated. I only have one word to say: AMAZING!!!

2 Likes

What does the survival script do?

This survival script keeps UnifiedNLP/MicroG installed as a system app trough OTA updates…

My migration also went smooth except of the alarm clock, the clock was active before migration, but didn’t ring this morning. A short test (deactivate/activate -> wait -> ring) showed me, that the alarm clock works well. So maybe I was to tired to hear the clock :slight_smile: or the storing of the alarm time or something like this was erased in the migration process (cache etc?). Anyone else noticed this?

Btw.: A very big thanks to the Fairphone LineageOS migration team for all your work! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

“OTA survival script” is a common name for Lineage OS’s addon.d scripts. Like LOS’s su addon, all my flashable ZIPs include an script to survive LOS updates without reinstalling.

1 Like

A great and big THANK YOU to all the people that have put their effort to make an official LineageOS port possible! This acknowlegment includes @NicoM and @Arvil for initial work and documentation, @z3ntu for getting it to boot and make an official TWRP port, @snevas for his hosting, build machine and updates support for the community build and specially @chrmhoffmann for his outstanding dirty work in porting it completely, cleaning the sources and upgrading it to its official status (actually he did the whole work starting from scratch, a tough man, phew). Thank you, people, you all are awesome! :grinning:

(My bad if I’ve forgotten someone, I hope not. Ping me otherwise!)

😊
33 Likes

Official LineageOS is awesome!
I installed the image without any problems. Everything works fine at the moment.

Thank you very much for the effort.

I allready appreciated FairphoneOS but to be honest LineageOS is my favorite.

4 Likes