Official LineageOS 17.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

A christmas present! Even it will be available after christmas I will wait. I have the FP3+ and on the FP2 I had LOS 17.1. I’m used to it and I miss it.

1 Like

oh wow, that’s fantastic! :relaxed:
Can I buy you somehow a coffee?

I switched to LineageOS 16 with microG as soon as the build was available.
Today I’ll do the same with some other FP3’s from my family.
As there is AFAIK no complete guide available - from OEM unlocking to bootloader unlocking to installing TWRP/LOS-Recovery to installing LOS to optionally rooting LOS with Magisk - I’m thinking about to write a complete guide.
(Though there are guides available for the most parts of the whole procedure but you have to search for each guide one by one…)

There’s one bug (or missing feature) I observed:
With the original OS I was able to set a bluetooth device as active by tapping the specific device while it was connected to my phone. Thus I was able to switch from my bluetooth speakers to my bluetooth headphones.
Now, with LOS I observe following behaviour:
While connected to my bluetooth speakers and playing music, my FP3 connects automatically to my headphones as soon as they are powered on. But I don’t have a possibility to set my headphones as active. First, I have to disconnect my bluetooth speakers.
Then I either have to turn off bluetooth, then turning bluetooth on again and letting my FP3 connect to my bluetooth headphones, or I have to turn off my headphones and turning them on again to set them as active.

1 Like

There are incoming changes in 17.1 for Bluetooth audio, and hopefully that will be fixed. Hang on and let me know later if you still observe this bug.

4 Likes

As the LineageOS Bugtracker should not be used for feature requests :wink:
Would it be possible to add the patch for activating the various led colors?
I remember on LOS on the FP2 you could even override color and blinking frequency for every app.

2 Likes

Yes, we already have a patch for LED colors on the unofficial ROM. I will integrate it in 17.1.

8 Likes

thank you, I’ll take an eye on it!

There’s one other bug I observed: I encountered the same issue as with the original OS: I have to deactivate Enhanced 4G LTE Mode in order to see who’s calling me. Otherwise I see just “unknown number” as described in this thread.
This issue occurred on the original OS since the Android 10 upgrade but it never occurred with Android 9.
Am I the only one who has the same issue on LineageOS with 4G Enhanced LTE Mode?

(My provider is about to shut down his 2G network by the end of 2020 so I hope the bug can be resolved by then :grin:)

1 Like

I’m using enhanced 4G, and don’t have these effects. I see the caller id…

1 Like

Hello I have on other problem with the 4G LTE Mode. Sometimes ingoing or outgoing calls i dont hear someone. By the next call allrigth. When i switch of everything is fine. So i use it everytime off no problem.

As you wrote above, you migrated from unofficial LOS 16 to official LOS 16 and never had the official Android 10 OS on your phone, right?
I have no idea, but could there have been a firmware update within Android 10 that causes this issue, which is installed separately besides the /system, /recovery and /boot partitions? Similar to modemfiles with FP2?

@HTC3 And you’re also running LineageOS 16 on your FP3?

1 Like

I do think that there was a firmware update. And no, i never used the official fpos 10 version. This might be the cause

Yes i LineageOS 16 migrade from unofficial to official but i had the same problem on LOS16 unofficial too …

Just out of curiosity: doesn’t microG.org website also build the images periodically? I think to remember I read something like weekly, but there is still only the image from Nov 12…

@mapfeld The Lineage OS for microg builds do not build automatically. They have to be initiated manually. This is done once a month as of now.

2 Likes

when they (microG) publish the new one and somebody does the update or even sideload the new image over their existing, please share your results user data wise. I really dont want to set up my phone from scratch again.

I also observed that behaviour while dirty-flashing LOS 17.1 with MicroG over the official non-MicroG version. The updater always shows the last installed release as ready to install :-/.

Is there a way “someone” could raise the build frequency?

1 Like

You may want to ask that here:

I am on Lineage OS for microg on my FP2. I flash it once a month when it is available.
I still do not have a FP3. :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, I installed LOS (with Google, no Magisk, though that might change at some point).
The link in the LOS-Wiki for unlocking the Bootloader is not linking to the correct procedure. The one that worked for me is located here:

Other than that, it was really nice to install the image. It went smooth and I have not yet encountered any issues.

One suggestion for the initial setup: Please allow for mobile data to be disabled instead of being forced to select a mobile data sim card. I do not have mobile data and I don’t really want it to connect at all. In the original FOS, this was an option that I really appreciated.

Thanks for all the work you put in already and your continued efforts for bringing use LOS 17. That is really cool. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

+1 for latest (official) LineageOS for microG (version 17.1 as of this writing) support for the FP3!

In fact, it is a must before I consider buying a (new) phone, because I do not want or trust any other Android solution on our smartphones (that goes for the whole family).

There is just nothing else than LOS for microG + F-Droid + Aurora Store + Magisk + AdAway (systemless via Magisk) + Bromite SystemWebview + Bromite web browser thinkable for us.

I just tried that too. But my phone refused to boot LOS or TWRP. I got that “your device is corrupt” warning.
So I unlocked my bootloader again, installed TWRP and restored my backup.
I wonder how you made it :thinking:

So we would have downgrade the modem (?) firmware in order to get this working again. Or of course updating the firmware as soon as fairphone releases a fix?
Is there a possibility to get such firmware fixes directly with a LOS update?