Official LineageOS 17.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

I have to warn you: I also experienced some reboots during longer phone calls (>30min). That was in summer when using the unofficial LineageOS build. This might be a problem we cannot solve as normal OS developers - I think the bug may be in inaccessible baseband or modem code.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, @dk1978. As I successfully avoided to be involved in calls > 5 mins yet, I will confirm upon encounter.

I was hoping someone might have unlocked their bootloader recently and might be able to tell me which of the two options is the proper procedure.
I am planning on moving to the microg-lineage on the weekend (havenā€™t installed custom roms for a long time). I will get back to you, if and when I figured out the correct way.

Bootloader unlocking worked for me with this script: Oem unlock "input verify code"

edit: I did it 3 days ago :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@dk1978 Thank you very much for your contributions!

do we have a dedicated thread (or something) for systematic testing? i installed the microG build and did not yet find any problems, however I did not search for them :angel:

There are now 2 different versions of the bootloader unlock code, AFAIK it should depend of which OS version you had. See this post : Bootloader Unlocking Code for Fairphone 3 not working - #8 by _tmp :smiley:

2 Likes

I can confirm this, even though they were not reboots but complete crashes. On the official microG LOS this happened to me twice during a teleconference. The screen went black and the only thing to wake it up again was a force reboot into fastboot mode. Strangely enough, this did not happen on other long calls. Still, I fear this problem is not one with the ROM, but with the FP3 in general.

Atm. Iā€™m running the latest FP-OS (build 8901.2A.0054.20200929) and Iā€™m quite happy with the included camera app (version 2.0.002). Which camera may I expect in the official LOS 16.0 for the FP3?

It is a rather basic one. However, you might want to check out this Thread, where a couple of pixel cam ports are shared. These produce in some cases even better results than the FP3 stock cam. I have tried some of them on LOS and can confirm they work.

2 Likes

Thank You and all persons involved so much!!!
Now i can recommend, buy and roll out new devices for my family members and friends.
I love Your work and efforts.

4 Likes

K9-mail from F-droid has a strange displaying behavior. The top and bottom bars start blinking frequently. Apart from that, it is usable. I am using the MicroG version installed with TWRP.

1 Like

If I remember right I need a migration zip to go from unofficial to official? Itā€™s been long ago i needed that, where can i get one for this migration?

I donā€™t think you need a migration build. Just try a dirty flash.

2 Likes

Thanks. Update is scheduled for Saturday :slight_smile: still on unofficial

Off topic: For the transition from CyanogenMod to LineageOS, a transition zip was required AFAIK. In my career of flashing custom ROMs, it was the only time I ever needed to do that.

AFAIK a migration zip was used for passing from 14.1 unofficial to official and 15.1 unofficial to official on FP2. See here:

Edit: Typo

2 Likes

Iā€™m remembering it this way also, migration from unofficial to official, to account for the new keys. Still, it might be possible to ignore the change of keysā€¦ Will see tomorrow

Yup, this zip was however specific for my unofficial build to the official one. Wonā€™t work for this transition. Maybe the maintainer for the unofficial FP3 build could do the same trick as I did back then (probably the zip is still usable and only the values in the script need to be changed).
I canā€™t test it as I donā€™t have the device, else I would have helped :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I installed the first build and so far itā€™s working very well! :+1:

The only problem that I noticed is that I canā€™t play Ogg audio files (tried the built-in music player and Odyssey). Did anyone else run into this?

I confirmed that the LineageOS built-in music app (Eleven) canā€™t play ogg vorbis files, although some apps (such as Firefox) were working. The problem appears to be known. I was able to fix it by modifying some of the audio configuration files - it appears the the device was trying to use hardware codecs to play this format which did not work.

Fix will be included in the builds next week.

4 Likes