Official LineageOS 17.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

Oh, right, forgot to mention, I did the reboot step before sideloading other stuff :slight_smile: (for those that don’t know, it’s mandatory as TWRP needs to switch slots to activate your freshly flashed OS in order to put other stuff in it)

Did you run your phone with the unofficial versions as well?

No idea what went wrong then, good thing I have titanium backup and a sync script on my phone :wink:

Oh, sorry, didn’t pay enough attention. I came from LOS17 unofficial, not LOS16, so my experience doesn’t count (I also lost my data from 16 to 17, but other people reported success)

1 Like

Can I see under LOS17 somewhere which camera modules have been detected? The OpenCamera app apparently only sees 12 MP (4000x3000px). It should be the FP3+ cameras.

The FP3+ Camera is a 4 x 12Mpx that reads as 12 Mpx

Newbie question :slight_smile:
The updater reports that the 2021-01-11 update is available. I did lock my bootloader, will that just work? Without wiping user data?

I guess not, or I haven’t found but I don’t own a FP3 so I can’t be sure).

As @anon9989719 said, that’s normal. See this topic for further explanations:

Hi i flash dirty the New Update 2021-01-11 but i run in a Boot loop . i see the lineage icon for some times then the phone boot new in recovery. I switch to the other Boot device and the last lineage boots.

Has anyone the same Problem?

Always clean install when changing lineage is version as updating over another one doesn’t work

Do you have deeper insight when we might get a build with microG? I am really waiting for it, but until now there is no 17.1 build with microG.
I have tried the “standard” version but there are too many apps that I need that rely on microG.

Theoretically it should arrive very soon. Last build was on December 12th, so maybe there will be a build soon. The builds appear to not be automated, so it seams that someone somewhere has to start the progress, so that could be a reason why it hasn’t landed yet. I have build the image myself in the meantime. Works for me, but I’d switch to the official LOS4microG as soon as it is available.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information.
Unfortunately I have neither time nor knowledge to build it myself. I hope the person who triggers the build will remember to do so :grinning:

Just use nanodroid and install what you need. I did so because I didn’t want to wait for the release of the microg version

1 Like

I tried to install microG with Magisk which only kind of worked: as the f-droid version of the German Corona Warn App now detects the presence of Exposure Notification, it refuses to use it’s built-in version. But as the installation of microG with Magisk doesn’t come with signature spoofing, the version of the Corona App from PlayStore/aurora doesn’t work either. So I removed microG again and wait for a 17.1-build, I guess. Or does nanodroid provide signature spoofing? In this case I might try it.

If the problem is related with signature shooting you forgot to install the nanodroid patcher module.
The only difference between vanilla lineageos and microg one lies in predone patching. Before nanodroid (may the developer be sanctified by the pope) existed I used to use only prepatched ROMs, otherwise features missed

Is it just me or had other people the same experience? I don’t know if it’s the correct name for the options. Under “Digital Wellbeeing” is some “Night Mode” (“Schlafenszeitmodus” in german). It can set your display colors to grayscale when it turns on. It goes on at the time I set. But there is no grayscale and yes I had turned it on.

Yes several people have reported an issue about screen color settings ; I opened a ticket on the official bugtracker: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2920

By the way @dk1978, maybe put the official bugtracker URL in the first post would help people report issues more clearly and would help you track them, what do you think?

2 Likes

I shied away from this because there are patching instructions on the site that seemed too error prone for my daily used phone.

I’m coming from a SGS5 with Linage and used the Bluetooth tethering sometimes when my internet has problems. My PC doesn’t have Wifi, but a Bluetooth dongle, so I used Bluetooth tethering to share my Phones internet.

AFAIK this needs to be activated in some kind of linage config file before build, can this be done or is it a Fairphone-3-Issue ( i never looked, if the stock has Bluetooth tethering, since i directly moved to linage)?
If it’s a Linage-Issue, should i create an Issue on Gitlab?

Ok, I’m afraid I have to go back to stock ROM or /e/. DB Navigator for example doesn’t want to play along when I try to book.
“There is no valid certificate on the device to establish a secure connection.”

At which point did that happen? I tapped on “zur Buchung”, this would work. But i don’t want to buy a useless ticket :slight_smile: