Not received latest Android update for FP2

Hi, although I have received the latest Android update on my FP2 and updated it successfully, my wife has still not received hers even though Rae said on this forum that the rollout is 100 % now. Looking on the forum topics one said that may be because the updater might be out of date but would we have to uninstall her current updater first ? Because when we thought of doing that it said we might lose all our data and it would be like a factory reset so we haven’t done it. Can you just update the updater without uninstalling the old one first. The version my wife has at present is Version 1.50.2. Thanks, Neil

1 Like

Version 1.50.2 is the most recent version, so you are fine there.

Things you should check:

• Settings > Storage – how “full” is her FP2 internal storage?
  • The update needs the battery to be charged well, i.e. at least 40% (actually better charge it full before you try to download and install the update)
3 Likes

Additionally, a user reported to have immediately received the update notification after removing an SD card from the phone.
Edit: On second thought this might not be a good idea if the SD card is incorporated into Internal Storage. Which I tend to forget because I never do this.

3 Likes

What is the current version of the phone’s OS? If not running 19.11.2, it won’t receive the upgrade.

3 Likes

I bought a FP2 second hand a few days ago. It was on the verison before 19.11.2 and the updater directly offered version 19.11.2. After that update I updated the app and immediately received the upgrade to A9. So yes it would not be updated directly from older version to A9 but would still receive it, updating version by version unless the updater app version 1.50.2 would not offer the inbetween updates?

1 Like

Hi Alex.A, where do you find what version of OS my wife’s phone is operating on again ? If it isn’t the latest version how do you update that first as well ? I know she only has Android 7 on her phone at present
Thanks for your patience,
Neil

Open the settings and go to About Phone→Build number. This build number should contain 19.11.2. If it doesn’t, you should open the updater app and try to update. If this still doesn’t work and the phone tells upu it’s up to date, try clearing the app’s cache and storage.
Though i think if you received the 1.50.2 updatd of the updater app, you should be on the latest version of FPOS anyway.

3 Likes

Hi Alex, we have been able to successfully update my wife’s FP2 now with Android 9. We did it by clearing the data from the updater app and then we turned the phone off and then back on again and suddenly the update was available ! Thanks again to you and anyone else who replied to my request for help with this problem - it gave us the confidence to tackle and solve it.
Neil

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.