No way to turn off vibrations since Android 6 update

That of course is due to Google’s Android ant not to Fairphone.
As most likely is the case for speech-to-text conversion.

That might be due to the fact, that it is maintained by a very enthusiastic and engaged community and not by a big corporation like Apple.

I really understand your disappointment, but you simply can not buy a phone made by a small start up company, that has sold maybe 150.000 phones since 2014 (of a revolutionary new design by the way) and expect the performance of an i-phone, that’s sold 150.000 every 4 hours (77 million in the first quarter of 2018) by a global player.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s ok by me, as - matter of fact - the FP2 right now is not a phone for everyone (i.e. every purpose/need/requirement). The battery-performance alone prevents this.

I just would like to point out, that - in times of frustration - it might be a good idea to “take a step back” and look at what one is comparing, when confronting Fairphone with Samsung, Huawei, Apple, LG …

4 Likes

Thank you for your answer. You are certainly right full stop It needs to be added that it is probably not only a fairphone issue but mainly an Android thing. I fear that much of the enthusiastic community’s work does not help making fairphone a more preferable choice for average users fullstop It seems to grow more in electronic-elite-only specialties. But there is surely a better place to discuss this fullstop

2 Likes

And were you able to solve the Problem?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.