No U.S. Fairphone?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I just heard about this phone, and this company. I love the idea, and am very interested in purchasing a phone for my next device from you. What can I do as a US citizen to promote bringing the phone to the US?

Sincerely,

Jason Stevenson

As this is a community forum, it’s unlikely you’ll get a definitive answer here. And even if that was 2 years ago, I doubt the official word will be any different from this post: No U.S. Fairphone? - #9 by Douwe

Realistically, if you want to do something, the best thing I can think of is asking e.g. carriers in the US or the manufacturer of your smartphone about the things you want to see improved. And point them to Fairphone and Shiftphones, the two small European companies that already do better.

Or try to find the American equivalent of Bas van Abel/the Waldeck brothers to start their own social enterprise in the US.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Fairphone owners in the USA

I know that I am just one voice in the very small puddle of other voices asking you to bring the Fairphone across the pond. But seriously, I believe in what Fairphone is trying to do so much, and I know I am not the only one. I just want to give you some more feedback and say that the moment I can buy a Fairphone and its replacement parts that works well in the US, I am switching forever. Especially with the clear black case ha.

1 Like

Well your voice is not alone - lot’s of people already asked for Fairphone in the #unitedstates. Fairphone even had plans to do so with the FP2, but they weren’t realized because of trade certificate troubles.
The Fairphone 2 is not produced anymore so it is very unlikely this will happen for it, but it might happen for the FP3, which will likely come out relatively soon.

Sidenote: Clear black cases were only available for a while, because they broke fast. Fairphone hasn’t yet found transparent material that fulfills their needs (durable and sustainable).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.