No OS update available in a long time

My updater says “Fairphone OS 1.13.0 - Your operating system is up-to-date”.
Can that be right?

That was the last update before the Android 6 upgrade.
You’ll need to update the updater app from the play store first, then you can make the upgrade. Oh and don’t forget to #dic:backup first.

2 Likes

I don’t have play store, intentionally. Any other way to update the updater?

You can use the Yalp Store, though for some people that didn’t work.

If you don’t want G%§$e at all you can also switch to Open OS and upgrade from there.

5 Likes

Now, if I update to the new Android, will I have the play store anyway? Because if that is the case, then I might as well install it before…

Yes, every time you update FP OS you’ll get all removed system apps back plus if G%§$e decides to put more G%§$e Apps into the system you’ll get those too.
If you use the Yalp Store you don’t have to use a G%§$e Account though and you can disable/remove the G%§$e Apps again after the upgrade.

5 Likes

That is most likely the case because

• this update is more like installing a whole new OS, and this whole new OS includes the Play Store by default like the previous versions did.
  • I would bet Google want to use every opportunity to get their Apps reinstalled even if people keep uninstalling them, and there is no better chance for that than a new Android version :slight_smile:.

Oh, and you want to make a backup of all your important stuff before the update :wink: .

1 Like

So, it took a manual update to get my phone to the newest OS, but I did never have play store, never used a google account, don’t have google service apps activated, either before or after the update.
So it seems to be possible…

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.