No May update to FPOS?

Thanks! I hope no major security flaws come to light between now and release. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am pretty sure that if a major security flaw is detected Fairphone will investigate if Fairphones are affected.
And if so, make a well-advised decision whether it can wait till the upgrade, or that they have to take immediate action. As Fairphone is fair to its customers.

6 Likes

Oh I trust the team as well!.. but it would mean a delay of the Android 7 release :grin:

No, Fairphone knows that security updates are to expect.

Hi!

I just realize we didn’t have an upgrade for may, and it’s already the 14th of june. Is there a reason the upgrade have not been released? Problem during testing or no significant security patch, which may worth an upgrade?

If you have any news or prevision on the development, I’m asking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thus, there will be an android 7 release? I thought I’ve heard this was an impossible move, due to some incompatibility with the processor…

Do we have any date to wait for? The blog post only says « this summer ».

Thanks!

Wait a few more days … Fairphone yesterday (Facebook link) suggested they have some news coming up, I would think it might come tomorrow or next week at the latest – the news that is, not the update!

Screenshot-2018-6-14%20Fairphone%20-%20Beitra%CC%88ge

3 Likes

Are there any news about the android 7 release?

I guess they will announce it via the newsletter urs posted about as soon as it hits the street.

It entered the Beta stage a couple of weeks ago. Although I’m not monitoring the beta testing process closely (not signed up as a tester), from the noise overflowing into regular threads I suspect they’d want at least two more beta releases before they get a final together. If you’d ask me to speculate I’d say another month and a bit… but that’s obviously pure speculation :smiley: .

1 Like

Doesn’t help estimating a release date, but at least there’s movement :wink:

https://bugtracker.fairphone.com/project/fairphone-android-7/issues

2 Likes

This is actually much more helpful than a release date… it’s like a progress bar that we can monitor :wink: . Interesting how I recall a lot of these bugs either for Android 6 or Open OS. I bet that prior experience will help them with this job!

Hi!
Does anybody know what happened to the monthly (security) updates? According to https://code.fairphone.com/projects/fairphone-2-official-releases.html the last update came in April of this year. More than a quarter year have passed since then. Do I need to worry about the software developers working at/for FP? Would be cool to hear a sign of life from them. :slight_smile:
Simon

PS: Feel free to move it to the road map category if it fits better there…

General consensus is developers are all occupied working on Android 7 for the Fairphone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thx for the fast reply.
There are worse news to hear… :wink: Looking forward to it! Although – depending on what google releases – it might not hurt to push an intermediate (security) update, I’d say…
So it actually makes sense to re-read the “whats new in Android 7” announcements. :smiley:
Simon

3 Likes

:weary: So close, and yet so far!

Well, I guess technically some Fairphone 2 owners are running Android 7:

And to highlight the news posted in that thread last week:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.