No internet connection (except for WhatsApp) Fairphone 3+

Hi hoping someone can help as I haven’t received a response to my request for help from Fairphone yet.

My Fairphone 3+ started having issues connecting to the internet once I had disconnected from the wifi, or had been to the football, or had come out of the tube. This seemed fairly temperamental and so I troubleshooted and decided to try a new sim card with EE.

Now I can’t connect to the internet (unless I use WIFI) with the only exception appearing to be WhatsApp for which I can still receive messages, images and videos. I’ve had a look at this could possibly be due to an access point issue. I created a new EE APN but I don’t know how to make that the gateway the phone uses.

I could really do with a step by step guide. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Hello JoeW,

welcome to our forum!

Your data plan is not used up? Check with the self-service portal of your provider.
Could you please test the SIM card in another phone?

It’s sorted now. I contacted EE and they talked me through the APN set up. Strange that it didn’t work in the default set up.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.