🇳🇱 No simcard service | geen simkaart service

my FP2 shows a sliding notice in the upper left side that there is “no service | no simcard service”. i can receive and send phone calls, but have no internet (3G) options outside wifi-areas. re-installing doesn’t work. i have a nano sim that used to work fine in my iphone.
any ideas anybody?

ik krijg een melding links bovenin dat er geen simkaart service is; zie ook geen netwerk. ik kan bellen en gebeld worden. maar heb buiten wifigebieden geen toegang tot internet (3G netwerk). bij gebruik in mijn iphone heb ik nooit problemen gehad.
iemand een idee?

The Fairphone 2 needs a Micro-Sim!

How did you fit the Nana-Sim in anyhow? It actually, the nano sim should be too small.
So it might be related to the SIM not fitting right. Another possibility is that you need to add some settings manually. Check you carrier for the Android APN settings.

2 Likes

oh haha,
i thought it very odd that i didn’t need an adapter for the nano sim, but it fitted. so i didn’t question it.
i’ll try your tips. thanks ben!

oh, ik heb hetzelfde probleem. Ligt dus aan de kaart? Ik kom van een oude Nokia. Ben langs mijn provider gegaan die er met een nagelvijl een stukje heeft afgevijld :smile: Ligt dan daaraan?
Wat bedoel je met een adapter voor nano sim?

Here you see 3 of the 4 sizes Sim.
From left to right; mini sim, micro sim and nano sim.
The fourth size is sim, that has the size of a credit card.
Edit: correcting thanks to @TobiasF

“Mini SIM” is the left of the three. The fourth size is the “full size SIM” which is as big as a credit card.

@karolien ik heb de kaart opnieuw er uit gehaald en er in gedaan. ineens kwam er boven te staan TELE2 | no sim card service.
die na de streep is natuurlijk voor de 2e kaart diere kan installeren. maar die eerste deed het. dus misschien dat proberen?
succes.

Dank je Viola!
een beetje mee geprutst, erin en eruit en sindsdien werkt hij probleemloos!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: FP2 add local contacts?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.