NFC to Abbott Freestyle Libre broken in 8901.4.A.0016.6 [FIXED in 0017.3]

you might not have yet the right to do this. just spend a few more minutes in the forum reading a few topics to get the next “level”

Edit to be more precise: To be able to send a direct message to the user, you will need to reach trust level 1 by entering/opening at least 5 topics, reading at least 30 posts and spending a total of 10 minutes reading posts

4 Likes

:slight_smile: there are several question popping up with this rule.

Hi

Yes there are a few hurdles to jump in order to send a PM but you hopefully there.

It was not a great idea to ask on the forum to ask for the IMEI number. Rather the post could have asked the user to make contact first before attempting to send any personally identifiable data.

It could have|can be sent by general email
support@fairphone.com
FAO lucaweiss

All the best

1 Like

Yes. No. Because thats not really what defines a hurdle. You can open 5 threads, scrolling slowly as if reading, fetch an espresso. Moreover, you can automate this fully

1 Like

Hi @lucaweiss, I have some issues sending you a private message (the “message” icon does not appear). I just sent you using the email support@fairphone.com. Hoping you received it well. I would be happy to check this version and hopefully make the vital application work again!

Thank you for the support,
Guillaume

Hi and welcome to the forum.

New users have limits to their options, one being unable to send private messages.

2 Likes

Thank you for this information. I have installed Glimp, but it doesn’t work with freestyle 2.
When I try to scan the freestyle sensor, I hear two vibrations but the glycemia is not written.
And I receive the notification “Libre sensor of unknown or unsupported type”.
I read more carefully the doc of Glimp : it doesn’t work for freestyle 2.
I conclude that NFC is working (with the vibrations) but that the librelink application doesn’t work (and until now, Abott does nothing to correct it).

Apologies for what may have been seen as a solution. I have no idea on the workings of any diabetes apps or devices, I just searched and found that link to Glimp and thought it may be of use.

Hey @lucaweiss,
Do I understand correctly, that Fairphone won’t release a Hotfix for this issue, but we’ll have to wait until October for the next major release?

I would call this a Hotfix

That’s a build to test a Hotfix. Developed at a rapid velocity, which I admire. :raised_hands:

A Hotfix would be publishing the build, prooven to resolve the issue, as an official update. On the other hand, if one waits to release the update, to bundle it with other changes, it’s not a hotfix anymore.

1 Like

Than I guess you have answered your question yourself😉why not using the fix offered even if its not officially released?

Good question :slightly_smiling_face: Im using my mobile as 2fa device for my private and business banking processes, requiring an official build. Feels like we might want to continue this conversation in private, since it’s getting a bit derailed. Just send me a DM, I’m happy to keep talking.

The main question was to understand the release plan: Do you plan to wait with the release until a new minor update is ready (maybe October), or do you plan to release the fix as early as possible @lucaweiss?

A topic exists with NFC broken after latest update. But it’s not NFC, which is broken, NFC works perfectly. It’s the Abbott Freelink application, which is broken. It’s a serious problem, for the diabetic type 1 patient, who used this application.

I moved your post, as the topic is about the Freestyle Libre and not NFC in General, will update the title.

Edit: the issue as already identified and will be fixed with the next update as indicated above

2 Likes

Hi, I would like to opt in this special build.

Is this still possible now ? I really need this to work asap.

Cheers

Hi and welcome to the forum.

• As you will note from the post you refer to you would have to send your IEMI number to the author

• In that post you will note the offer has been struck through as if it is no longer an option

• In order to send a message anyway you will ‘need’ to up your status

See

1 Like

Your decision is perfect. Thank you really much.

1 Like

Hi
Has anyone tested to new build already? Does it work?
Thanks!

Yes it works and will be implemented

1 Like