New modem files - Fairphone OS 19.02.1 - Bug corrected LOS?

Hi there,

With the new Fairphone OS 19.02.1 official release, can we hope the corrected bugs to be apply also to LineageOS? With a new modem.img files for examples?

"

Thanks.

I can not access all the links but I understand there is not yet an updated modem file and anyway all the issues are not corrected only with this new modem file (and therefore I understand that some changes have to be made in some other files by the one maintaining LOS?).

Thanks.

Sorry, I didn’t check the links again.
But you got the situation right.
I pinged @chrmhoffmann in a conversation about this already, so we’ll wait and see …

2 Likes

I just modified the makefile and built the new modem.zip but haven’t installed it yet. Stand by.

Okay, the only thing worth testing was

• Fix new camera module prevents shutdown

but that hasn’t been fixed with the new modem firmware. The other bug

• Fix power on from charging mode

has already been patched in LineageOS.

The shutdown bugfix has been commited to LineageOS. :smile:

Yes, the shutdown problem should be fixed now through updating lineage. The power on while charging should be fixed by flashing the aboot partition from the Fairphone package.

Chris

8 Likes

Moved this to #help:fp2 because it is not about developing new software.

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_fairphone_msm8974/+/243005

The shutdown-fix WILL be in the next LineageOS build :), the one AFTER lineage-15.1-20190227-nightly-FP2-signed.zip.

Great work, thank you Chris!

2 Likes

Great!
It would be very, very nice to have bullet proof instructions for this,
like: Can I simply flash it in recovery, or to I need fastboot…
maybe here
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP2/install
or anywhere…

thank you very much

2 Likes

It’s not a central documentation place but the exact commands for Linux/Windows/MacOS can be found at FP2 not booting when on charger since Android 7 upgrade

2 Likes

emmc_appsboot.mbn, which gets flashed to aboot, is part of the modem.zip, so a 19.02.1 version of the modem.zip should include it, and you could install the modem.zip in recovery.

1 Like

I’m waiting for this new build ! :smiley:
However, build frequency for 15.1 is now weekly:

We feel that the 16.0 branch has reached feature parity with 15.1 and is ready for initial release. With 16.0 being the most recent and most actively-developed branch, on March 1st, 2019 it will begin receiving builds nightly and 15.1 will be moved to weekly builds.

1 Like

Wait no more! modem.zip 19.02.1 has just been released!

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.