New 'Market' category > Giveaway

Hi all,
First of all - Happy New Year :raised_hands: :star2:

As part of the ‘new year - new adventures’ spirit, I wanted to let you know that we created another subcategory for the ‘Market’, which we hope will encourage/help people share FP parts/materials they have > #market:giveaway

After the recent FP t-shirts discussion that some of you have seen, after talking with my colleagues at Customer Support - which told me about receiving over time customer tickets that want to know how they can just giveaway FP products, and seeing the ‘giveaways’ listed in the ‘sell’ category, I felt it would be good to have a dedicated space for such practices.
I hope this will not only help people in need, but also create a tighter community.
Please let me know if you have any objections/remarks/improvements for the category.

Have a lovely day,
Monica

8 Likes

Should this category include swaps?

2 Likes

Good question! Possible to include that in the description or edit the name to ‘Giveaway/Swap’. Would that be too much? Also possible, we can make a separate category ‘Swap’. This way the ‘Market’ covers all possibilities. What do you think?

I actually had a similar idea these past days, how about #market:trade besides #market:sell and #market:buy?

I would still keep a sell or buy reference to make sure there is a distinction between posts for profit and the ‘giveaway’ for free. ‘Trade’ might create confusion between paid and not I’d say.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re right. Trade is not very distinctive.
Then I’d go with:

• sell
  • buy
  • giveaway
  • swap
4 Likes

This topic was moved from a hidden category because we would like to make all forum members aware of the new category #market:giveaway.

I’m also pro swap. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.