New Life Edition - problems starting

Hi there,
I found out that the built-in app was for some reason a problem on my phone, since it was consuming lots of resources. I found this out by digging through ‘BetterBatteryStats’ logs. It did take lots of time to find out though. : )
I didn’t delete apps one-by-one for this case.
In one case, i did find lots of problems with facebook and messenger, so i would use them, then uninstall them, which is a bit silly, but was necessary for my peace of mind. I’d install them, use them for my particular need, then uninstall. I hope that the newer OS will be better able to handle these apps, even though it seems that it’s an app problem.
…long story. :smiley:

1 Like

Of course you should … as well as working hardware.
But either software or hardware or both fail you at the moment.
Really installing from scratch should take care of the software part, if the issue prevails after that, it should be hardware.

But @Johannes is right.
You got a faulty product. If you’re still within the set time frame, just contact Fairphone and get it exchanged.

3 Likes

Working on it! Been in touch with them since Saturday, when I first turned on the phone, so hopefully this will be dealt with quickly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The newly refurbished phones are very much not brand new, I had endless problems with one, starting with the fact that Fairphone hadn’t even given it a new battery before selling it (for more than 300 euros). And Fairphone support staff were very slow to respond to any queries. They seem to assume we are all super knowledgeable technicians. Good luck, but judging from my experience 18 months ago things are unlikely to improve.

1 Like

I had a similar issue but with my first and still exisiting FP2. I finally opted for a factory resset and uploaded only a few basic apps. then one more and one more. And it is working fine ever since!! so evry time I add an app I am now very careful before I add a second one as to me the problem seems to have been caused by certain apps.
Must say I am no longer using FB nor twitter cannot remember the other apps I stopped using which tells me something about my previous behaviour.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.