New forum structure 2018

I have been away for a while and VERY confused with this structure. Where are the threads about alternative OS, Lineage OS in particular gone ? Am I missing something or are we know asked to use tags ? This would in my opinion a bad choice because with the ability to add and create tags searching becomes terribly complicated compared to a range of meaningful given categories.

1 Like

Yes, #lineageos is now a tag and you can search within a tag (e.g. here) just like you can search within a category.

1 Like

Is there a way to make the tags more visible? I think a lot of people donā€™t know about them (I also forget they exist sometimes). When I start typing lineageos in the search bar the tag does not come up, only when I type a # in front of it. If you donā€™t know about them they are a bit hard to find I think.

2 Likes

There is a discourse feature to add a tag dropdown on the various topics lists like they have on meta.discourse. I am advocating for adding it for a long timeā€¦

PS:

It does. But tags come up on the bottom, after topics and users:

2 Likes

It looks conventient on meta.discourse. What were the reasons against it? Maybe with the new structure this feature should be considered again (as tags are now probably more important)?

3 Likes

Good question. I moved the discussion to the public forum as in the staff category it was met with silence:

I was away from the forum some time, I got my newsletter but I didnā€™t recognize the massive change in the forum. :scream_cat:
Itā€™s not intuitive, not logic to ME. Donā€™t take me wrong: Itā€™s a mess. IMHO
no differentiation between software and hardware, all in on FP2 category
I have no glue how to handle that forum.:cry:

Here is some glue: :wink:

And now, do your homework and read up on the New forum structure 2018! :grin:

PS.: The topic was pinned globally on the forum for about 2 months, so it must really have been some time since your last visit.

2 Likes

The distinction between software and hardware made no sense.
If you need help it doesnā€™t really matter to you whether itā€™s a software or a hardware issue (nor might you be able to determine that) - all you want is to get help. Now there is one place for that only segmented by device.

3 Likes

Ha, Haā€¦:roll_eyes::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Sorry, I had my funny pants on. Donā€™t be angry with me. :blush:

2 Likes

All OK! I only have to get used to the ā€œnewā€ layout and structure.:wink:

4 Likes

There used to be a ā€œCafĆ©ā€ category of some sorts; a place to discuss anything that is not FP-related in some way.
Is that gone? Or am I just blind?

Cafe is long gone. I think you did that. :wink:
The #discuss super-category is now for anything not FP-related. Before we had most of those discussions in #community which wasnā€™t really a good fit.

I did that? How silly of meā€¦ :blush:
I think I was away for too long and forgot that the super-categories can also contain posts, and not just sub-categoriesā€¦ :blush:-again

2 Likes

In November '15 you decided to:

With consent of the moderators of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Silly mistakes of a younger, more naif version of me. I take no responsibility :stuck_out_tongue:
(also, I no longer have the rights to read the post behind that link)

You remember the saying ā€œThe internet and Paula donā€™t forgetā€? :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.