[ORDERS CLOSED} New Fairphone Bottom module with USB-C port for Fairphone 2

Yes, I want other people to also start project like this and will always help if needed, also if someone wants the files, I will send them.

5 Likes

@Leo_TheCrafter : Thank you so much for your effort. I am also very interested in one of your bottom modules. So you can put me on your list ;-).

2 Likes

TW2 :honeybee:E - that was to be expected.

That’s what you get making “MIPs” - most important parts.
I assume the shortage on semiconductor/electronic parts does not impact this project too much, but probably prices have risen significant meanwhile.

1 Like

@Leo_TheCrafter I am interested as well to get a bottom module - or two. Thanks for putting me on the waiting list.

1 Like

Would be great if I could be added to a waiting list too. Thanks @Leo_TheCrafter

1 Like

Hey @Leo_TheCrafter, thank you for the great idea and effort!

I also need a new Bottom module because the mic don’t work anymore. Can you put me on your list, too? Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @unhawkable and welcome to the forum.

Whilst you wait to see if you can get a new bottom module you may want to consider trying to repair the one you have. It appears the mic often works loose.

2 Likes

That sounds as a good idea. Thank you for the hint. I will try it tomorrow at work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It works again! :hugs: :hugs:

I wrote down my small experience to this repair including some pictures:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fp2-bottom-module-repair-broken-usb-port/29856/23?u=unhawkable

But I’m still interested in the new bottom module :wink:

3 Likes

Hey @Leo_TheCrafter , amazing work! I’m also interested in that module (because my mic is broken and USB-C is the future). So, please put me on the waiting list as well. In the meantime I’ll ask around if one of my friends can do the case print, some are into 3d printing, but this seems like a challenging print.

I’ll also ask around to see if I can find someone who might attempt a repair for the mic (thanks @unhawkable for sharing your experience on that). I don’t even have the torx driver to look at the PCB. If someone reading this is interested to help me and located in Hamburg, send me a PM.

3 Likes

hej @Leo_TheCrafter I would also be very interested in a fairphone bottom module “homemade style” :smiley: Unfortunately, mine was recently fried (overheated, has molten the case as well…) and I’d hate to lose all my contacts and photos…

Thanks for your work, it is much appreciated. This way, you help enable less-gifted users like me to extend the life-span of the fp2.

2 Likes

@Leo_TheCrafter I’m also interested in your bottom module and case. I recently bought a second hand FP2 and only found out later that the bottom module is sold out. Your product is my last chance to even use this phone. I read all the threads about broken mics and won’t be able to fix it myself (not mentioning replace it). Your solution seems to be a long lasting improvement.
Thanks a lot for your work.

2 Likes

I’ll take you on the list

5 Likes

Should probably meanwhile read “…the long list” :wink:

3 Likes

Yep, but I’d rather do one big order than many smaller ones, shipping from china isn’t cheap if you want it to be reasonably fast.

5 Likes

Although my FP2 works just fine with all original parts, who knows what future brings…and then there is USB-C…
I don’t know how far the word is spread in the Angels community, there are a few small stocks on spare parts around but they mainly are for free from broken devices. One never know if at all or when a new bottom module is needed. But I guess you do keep a few more pieces as reserve from the next batch.

2 Likes

That depends, I won’t stock 10+ modules just because I may need them, a few, maybe.

2 Likes
8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: FP2 new USB-C bottom module new batch

As I see there are a lot of orders for Berlin, may it be an idea to send them all to one address (maybe Berlin angel @schmulschubiak would agree?) to be redistributed to reduce shipping costs? Perhaps the same for other places.
That’s just an idea :slight_smile:

9 Likes