It’s doing that thing where it says it’s charging, but the percentage doesn’t change no matter how long you leave it plugged in, and then when you unplug it it’s lost power as if it wasn’t plugged in at all
Did you read the little guide to fairphones battery?
I hadn’t, thanks Sorry I was panicking so I didn’t look as far as I should have. I’m gonna try the tips here Battery problems (wrong charging status / battery might be dying)
It sounds like your battery is bloated.
Edit: Or will bloat soon.
it’s not, I did a spin test
What is the outcome of:
- Use the battery up until it is below 0% (until the phone dies).
- Take the battery out of the phone.
- Plug your charger into the phone (still without battery). [Wait a few minutes]
- Insert your battery. (This will give the battery a kick)
- Charge your phone in one go until 100%. Do not boot.
Yeah, that’s what I did Friday night/yesterday. I was waiting to see if I had the problem again before I reported back, but it seems to have been successful
Nice. Tell us HOW you have been successful … for the next one asking this
With hindsight this ‘not charging issue’ has been the first sign of my battery bloating. It happened months before the battery actually showed as such in the ‘spin test’.