My FP1: Seven years and counting!

And I still use it regularly.

14 Likes

Congrats! Granted you the 7 years Fairphone 1 badge! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mine is 7 years too. Dropped it a few times. Never used a case. It still works fine. Leo

4 Likes

Mine was shipped on January 9 2014, so it’s safe to say that it now is “seven years and counting”, too. Still works fine as a calculator, for controlling the vacuum robot and to play some Wordfeud. :grinning:

4 Likes

My FP1 has exactly 7 years by the end of January 2021 and is still working nicely - thanks to 3 replacement batteries and an external charger. The defunct USB-connector is no problem, as I can transfer pictures/music/… data by bluetooth. The only drawback for me is the outdated android - the corona-app and others cannot be installed.

What is this “badges” - thing?

5 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum
Great to hear, that your FP1 is still working fine for you.
(My wife is using her’s as well as everyday phone; though she has one for work, that comes from the employer.)

The badges thing is a kind of “Awards system”.
As you can see, you just got the badges for 3 to 7 years Fairphone 1.
(Even though it was tiny bit early for the 7years badge.)

Those badges have no other purpose, than to show acknowledgement by the community, making you feel good and being a stimulus for (in this case) keeping your phone as long as possible. :wink:

4 Likes

Mine lived for 7 years and 2 months - until this Tuesday, when I drowned it in tea. Now I am a sad and proud owner of a brandnew FP 3+. But since I used my FP1 for >7 years I deserve a badge, too, dont´t I?

6 Likes

Yes, you deserve one, of course!
(And you got it of course as well.)
Did you recycle your old FP1?
Have you tried the #waterwiki, or the water-damage tips form iFixIT?

If it is still lying in your drawer, you could as well think about offering it (for spare parts) here on the marketplace. :wink:

2 Likes

I am still using my FP1 on the side (the radio for example!! and some apps). and just saw that another user had “six years of FP1” next to his name. Mine is first edition, but I only have “five years”. When was the first edition delivered again? January 2014? tnx.

3 Likes

I preordered my FP1 in May 2013 and got it in the second week of January 2014. The first 1.000 FP1s were delivered just before Christmas 2013.

4 Likes

@Ruth_FP1 @Incanus I moved your posts here because it seems to me you are both eligible for the most prestigious badge :wink: Let me or everyone know if I got you wrong.

3 Likes

I was not asking for a badge, but just answering the question of Ruth_FP1.
But if you want, you can grant me a badge :smiley:.

3 Likes

Not just one, but 5 of them: 3-years through to 7-years of Fairphone 1; since you never got the relevant one before. :wink:
@Ruth_FP1 got her 6- and 7-years badge as well of course.

Well deserved for keeping your FP1 alive that long!!!
Keep it running!

5 Likes

Thank you!
The only problem is that I have to use it without a sim card as the sim is in the FP3 that uses a different sim format. But apps, wifi / emails etc. all fine. Oh yes, and the FM radio of course!

1 Like

Just checked, got mine Jan 15, 2014. Seven Years!

2 Likes

Hello everybody, my Fairphone First edition is also still working and the only phone I use. As long as my favourite apps are still working (amongst them Threema, Opera browser and E-Mail) I plan to reach the badge for 10 years :slight_smile: Knock on wood!

8 Likes

That kind of energy well deserves the new badge.
And I am sure, there will always be someone creating a badge for “Ten Years Fairphone 1” , even it it will be just for you !!!
Maybe we can make that a platinum one, as gold won’t be good enough.

Keep your spirits high and flying and your phone safe and out of troubles. :wink:
:heart:

5 Likes

… but only if there is Fairtrade Platinum by then, of course! :wink:

4 Likes

So by now I also have my FP1 in use for 7 years and still use it as my only private phone so pleeease can I have a 7 year badge? I do have a new FP3+ lying next to me and today I finally managed to install /e/ on it so will soon be using that as my primary phone though but still need to get it completely set up

6 Likes

Deserved and granted!
Keep that gem running.
:+1:

4 Likes