My FP 2 does not connect to corporate MDM

Hi all,

I work as product manager at a company with a BYOD policy. We have to enroll our smartphones to a Mobile Device Manager (MDM) / Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) platform in order to secure it and have it managed. In our case it is AirWatch. Whenever I try to connect / enroll it, I get the message that the FP2 is not a trusted device (in dutch: ‘verdachte toestellen zijn verboden’).

I am not sure that it may be a very stringent policy issue of my employer, that can not be enforced on a FP2, or that it has something to do with something else on the FP2. I would need MDM/Airwatch to get my corporate data on my phone.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Regards!

Looks like it’s an airwatch issue, not a FP2 one…

I agree with Arvil that it’s a Airwatch (configuration) issue. My phone has been successfully registered to Airwatch MDM without any problems.
Suppose your device has not yet been rooted (as Airwatch denies imho rooted devices)?

Thanks. I used a pre-prod model. I swapped it for a production model. Now MDM/EMM works fine!

Hi,

I started a small reseach on MDM and the bigger ones are as far as I know: G Suite from Google, AirWatch, Mobilelron, Samsung Knox, …

How are you experiences with AirWatch in general? How does it work with FP2 together? Would you recomnend this combination?

Kind regards
Werner

For me AirWatch and FP2 work together perfectly without any issues. I’m on FP2 1.8.1 and AirWatch 6.3.

1 Like

Hi

I am using Airwatch with Airwatch inbox for some time now and that perfectly works fine. I did a short test with MobileIron as well and seemed to work too. So no issues using EMM/MDM. By the way: I am using Lookout as extra security endpoint app and having no issues there either…

Cheers. Erik

1 Like