"My Fairphone" application - I can't login

I got some java error message on attempt to login in My Fairphone application.
“Invalid password or username” and “javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found
Password and login correct - I check it at least five times

Unfortunately, fairphone support has not responded to me for 10 days, feedback in play market ignored, so I hope somebody have any ideas how to fix it?

Full reinstalling app not possible, but i delete updates and update it again - it not help

Welcome to the community :wave:

Interesting behaviour, this looks exactly like the example error in the Android Docs :thinking:
Sadly I can’t reproduce this behaviour on my side.
Can you supply us with more details please :pray: ?

• Are you running vanilla FPOS or did you install a custom ROM?
  • Is your phone rooted?
  • Are you behind a restrictive (corporate) firewall?
  • Are you using a VPN-connection?
  • Does the problem exist on both cellular and wifi?
  • Is this phone provisioned by your workplace, i.e. could there be a special CA installed?
  • Did you buy the phone directly from Fairphone or from a network provider?
  • Did you disable any of the included apps, especially anything Google related?
  • Are you running the latest OTA update (Settings → About phone → Build number = FP4.FP3S.A.0103.20220221)
2 Likes

Thank you for response.

Are you running vanilla FPOS or did you install a custom ROM?

Vanilla

Is your phone rooted?

No

Are you behind a restrictive (corporate) firewall?

No, just regular home internet provider

Are you using a VPN-connection

No

Does the problem exist on both cellular and wifi?

Yes, 3g/4g/wi-fi

Is this phone provisioned by your workplace, i.e. could there be a special CA installed?

No, it’s my personal device, stock settings, few basic apps from google play only

Did you buy the phone directly from Fairphone or from a network provider?

Directly from Fairphone online store

Did you disable any of the included apps, especially anything Google related?

No, I didn’t uninstall anything, all google stock apps are installed and have never been uninstalled

Are you running the latest OTA update (Settings → About phone → Build number = FP4.FP3S.A.0103.20220221)

Yes, exact this build number

I ran into this problem almost immediately after turning on the phone for the first time.
All I managed to do before that was to update the android version using the native mechanism from the menu, and to connect my personal google account

1 Like

Huh, then I’m out of ideas at the moment, sorry :see_no_evil:

Since you did already #contactsupport maybe try calling them with your ticket number handy, others have reported that greatly speeds up the process :slightly_smiling_face:

I am currently unable to access the app. Connection problem again. The app is annoying.
Can I uninstall them?

Steven

Just search for the name in Settings and hit Disable, removing it completely is way too much effort.

1 Like

I had this same problem. I fixed it by clearing the cache in settings. Go to “settings” - “apps and notifications” - “My Fairphone” - “storage and cache” - then clear both storage and cache.

I had to sign in again I think, so make sure you’ve got your password and username.

Worked for me; hope it does for you!

It does fix it, but only for an X amount of days/weeks.

Unfortunately not for me.
For those in doubt, log in on https://support.fairphone.com
The account is the same. You might want to use a private browsing window to be sure of starting with a clean slate.

Please fix the login issue, it gives a terrible UX of FP as a whole.
Usually impossible to login: one has to clear storage , try again, re-enter data etc.
It gives a very poor impression, as if the app is unmaintained. This is the first contact with FP for many: through the app.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.