My Fairphone App: Your digital sustainability tool

I have to clear the cache at least once a week for the app to work. this is one of the worst performing apps i have had on my phone.

4 Likes

Just received an app update today.
The update should fix the no connection issue (hopefully) :crossed_fingers:!.

1 Like

alternativly create an automator script :rofl:

1 Like
if (MONDAY) {
    clearDataCacheBy("MyFairphoneApp");
}
2 Likes

Hi @donkeycave,

Good questions. We don’t commercialize or sell data to any 3rd parties. For a bit more detail, all information about data can be found in our privacy policy which you can access from the settings menu in the app. But to go back a step, the reason we’ve included a login is because the account allows users to transfer their CO2 usage and savings across devices. This is also needed to enable some of the more advanced features still in development, which will be made available to our customers in the coming months and years.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer, but please give me a shout if there are any other questions about the app. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @formerFP.Com.Manager, could you also say something about why the app does not work on /e/ or iodé? Most of the features should work there as well, shouldn’t they?

Hi @juri.gagarin.ii,

Not sure, but I’ll find out for you. I’ll loop back asap. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And the update doesn’t work on Aurora store. Only on Play Store…

@juri.gagarin.ii The app depends on some Google Play Service APIs, so the phone needs to have Google Play Services installed. So at moment it doesn’t work for other OS. This may change in the future, but we’ll let you know. @kristijan_tkalec I think this probably answers your question too. :wink:

4 Likes

Hi @formerFP.Com.Manager , thanks for your quick reply.
I am still wondering why it won’t work on some other OS, as /e/ and iodé both implement microG and therefore (at least in theory) should be able to use Play Service APIs.
I do understand however, that LOS without microG won’t work if it depends on Google Play Services.

1 Like

Anyone else having issues with the app? I can’t login, it always gives a notification that the email adress and password are wrong. And after that a “service unavailable” notification.
I’ve tried deleting cache and data but that doesn’t work

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I imagine you have an email and password for the forum and
an email and password for the shop ~ maybe
did you try the one for the shop, not the forum one?

And for the App you may need the support log in…

1 Like

Yes, if I remember rightly the App uses the Support account, which is logical since it can be used for contacting Support.

There are three different Fairphone accounts, for Shop, Support and Forum. It’s fine to use the same e-mail ID for all three but remember that they are in fact separate accounts and can therefore have separate IDs and passwords.

3 Likes

Somehow it got fixed. Everything’s working fine now.

Bloatware, why can’t this be uninstalled? Don’t force your app on to people! Fine if you preload it, but let me at least uninstall this.

This app is there to support you. You can submit issues you have, use the builtin troubleshoot tool to find faulty hardware yourself, documentation about the phone and parts, and some more stuff which may be more arguably not super important. But having this app seems like a valid thing to have. Removing it might make it user unfriendly. Because some people might remove the app because of “reasons”, then find out they have an issue, find documentation to troubleshoot their device and submit their issue using that app. Which is then not installed. I’m sure they considered allowing users to remove it. But I get it that some apps should remain on the phone. But for an official answer, #contactsupport, which you can also do via that app :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Just disable it (search for it in Settings hit Disable) and it won’t bother you any more.
There are always custom ROMs or root if you really need it banished from your phone :smirk:

Oh and welcome to the community :wave:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I still can’t use the app. Everytimw I try to open it said that I don’t have an internet connection and it closes. It’s months that I have this issue. Anyone knows hot to fix it?

Clear the data and cache of the app. But it’s a temporary fix.

2 Likes