My Fairphone App: Your digital sustainability tool

I can’t open the app for a week or so. I always get a connection problem message.

2 Likes

It was on my phone since the beginning.

1 Like

So, this app exists only on fairphone 4 ?
If that’s the case, it would be nice to mention it in the blog post…
Otherwise, giving a download link or something would be great.

3 Likes

Well, are you shure you published it to the Play Store?
I can’t find it, no matter whether I am logged in or not.
The only two apps from Fairphone B.V. I can find are the Updater and Checkup.
Neither I can find it on f-droid.

2 Likes

From my memory (I switched my FP3+ to /e/OS several months ago), the FP3 and FP3+ also came with the My Fairphone app. I would appreciate the clarifications on both points in the blog post as well though.

FP3 and FP4

3 Likes

My Fairphone 3+ also has the “My Fairphone” app but I disabled it right after receiving the phone because I saw no usage for it.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, folks. I assume the app will only be offered in the Play Store if your device and OS match certain requirements (read: FP3 and FP4, Fairphone OS).

3 Likes

Ugh, gamification. Not my cup of tea.

1 Like

Hm, that is sad.
So I am out of the game because I changed to iodé?
Are you sure or is it “just” educated guessing?

So maybe someone has to share the apk :wink:

The new version I just got from the Play Store fixed all the bugs I encountered! I can now open my ticket overview from that app.

1 Like

So you have stock FPOS, right?

Yes, that’s correct.

It’s my guessing based on what FP3 and FP4 users reported and my (and your, I guess) attempts to find the app in the Play Store. And I agree, I hope someone makes the apk available, although it might be for a technical reason that Fairphone seems to have limited it to FP3 and FP4 users on Fairphone OS.

3 Likes

Force stopping the app and deleting app data have solved this issue.

1 Like

That-Is-Awesome! I’m in :slight_smile:
Can’t wait for the first challenge! Do you have a kind of timeline?

1 Like

Strange. On my FP3+ I still have the old version (essentially for support tickets), no update is offered through Play and I don’t see the app in the Play catalogue.

As I don’t see it either, if I look in the catalogue from a PC, I suppose there’s some filter.

Running stock Android 3.A.0134.

Just a note: Fairphone has confirmed they currently have no plans to make this app Open Source:

It personally disappointed me, given during the Fairphone 2 days they open sourced a fair bit, but the app doesn’t sound like much more than marketing fluff anyway (all the info I am finding on it is quite… light on detail) so maybe it’s not that big of a loss. If it ever changes I’ll make sure to help package it for F-Droid.

12 Likes

Got my Fairphone at 12th of december bit sonce yeszerday ot stopped working and I also get an connection error though I have internet via wifi or mobile commection becaise everything else works fine…

Deleting the app data fixes it.

1 Like