Murena Fairphone 4 now available for pre-order

Yes I’m aware that the e foundation is now producing under the name Murena :slight_smile:
My point was that this is a) not a Murena related forum let alone anyone’s official news outlet, hence my direction to ask on the /e/ Murena stage.

As this is a Fairphone user forum.

Respect ?? Did I show some disrespect ??

The ‘they’ is Murena ~ /e/ not Fairphone and this is still only a user forum :slight_smile:

No respecting me asking for the rom. Maybe someone knew something. But I will have to wait until it arrives.

We do know that this in fact is not the case :wink:

“Starting from today, ‘MURENA’ is going to be used to call all our commercial products: smartphones with /e/OS, premium cloud plans…”

“We are not abandoning ‘/e/’ totally. We will continue to call the operating system that we develop as ‘/e/OS’.”

1 Like

damn makes it rather confusing. But its their thing and good to know thx

Bummer no speckled one in the /e/os store :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope it’s a special only from the
https://shop.fairphone.com

2 Likes

Yes I saw it and like that design haha … hopefully we get an easy installer soon.

1 Like

From experience I’d say this is a tricky one. In the past it was up to volunteers to add support for a new device to the easy installer. I’m not saying there might be no-one up to the task, but most of the time I’ve only seen people asking for it but next to nobody contributing to it.
Sure, the FP4 is sold with /e/ OS preinstalled so one might think it’s kind of “official” and the /e/ team will do the necessary changes. But the FP3 was also sold with /e/ preinstalled and there I was the volunteer. The /e/ devs were supportive, no doubt about that, still it wasn’t them who did all the work.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info, installing manually should also works for me :slight_smile:

Please note you can easily turn a green FP4 into a green speckled one – you can get a green speckled back cover in Fairphone’s spare parts shop, and that’s all the difference between a green and a green speckled FP4. However, that “special” back cover costs 25 instead of 20 Euros.

4 Likes

OK, but after a period of time all covers looks speckled automatically… :wink:

1 Like

Are you a painter :upside_down_face:?

That is a creative solution thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m curious to know what you call restrictions and paternalism from /e/OS.

2 Likes

My namesake got the message from Murena that /e/OS for the FP4 is estimated to become available for download mid-January.

EDIT: Comment seems to have been retracted.

3 Likes

Surprising that the comment you linked to is no longer available :wink:

Only here about AntotherElks linking.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Can a user be deleted?

And here as well a bit hidden

1 Like

Related question about 5-year hardware warranty of FP4 Murena:

1 Like
2 Likes