Mount for Fairphone 2 to use as car gps

Hey, can anyone recommend a mount to use with a Fairphone 2 for use as an in car GPS? I’m in the UK, so availability in the UK would be a big plus!

Alan

Hi Alan,
we use the car holder from Avantek and it works like a charm.

Since we don’t have a car but rent one from time to time I found this one from Hama quite handy because it offers three different means to install it. The clamp that holds the mobile can be adjusted quite a lot, so it easily holds a FP1, a FP2 or even a Garmin 64s. We prefer to use the air grill holder when it’s hot outside, so the phone can benefit from the a/c while in the cold it can probably be put to the windshield without being roasted.

Thanks very much - ordered.

I have tried different USB cables, they will eventually become loose, make bad contact and stop charging, even drop off the phone.
I wish i could find in the fairphone store a car holder with INCORPORATED usb cable so that we would just clip the phone inside, without having to plug/unplug the usb cable everytime.

Hi Alan,

You may want to have a look at the Brodit phone holder. I recall having to adjust the USB connector, that involved some gluing or extra screws, I do not remember that part very well (it was some time ago) but since then I can insert the FP2 with one hand.

Note that this phone holder works perfect with a Proclip, that is different for every car model (and model year!), if you don’t want to drill holes in your dashboard. You’ll find Proclips on that same website.

Jan

Hi Jan,

I got one of these, and it seems to be ok.

Cheers,

A

I got myself a Scosche magnetic mount. Stuck the magnet on the inside of the case, which has a secondary function of keeping the battery in place in an attempt to reduce the number of random reboots.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.