Modular headphones discontinued (?)

The Leader badge has nothing to do with Fairphone Angels.
And to address someone as angel only because of the “Fairphone Angels” name of this specific community support effort might not be appropriate tone either :wink: (while opinions may differ, of course).

3 Likes

Hi @yvmuell

Personal opinions on the sweetness of an apple are exactly that personal, that you chose to share your experience, or is that opinion, is understandable and the human side of the angel.

So as not to wander high in the clouds where white is white and water is water, are you saying there’s an issue with USBC 3 not being able to support multiple tasks or is that just a bad apple .?

Just checking:

So if the next USBC port is USB 3.2 (Gen 1x2 or Gen "x2) it will have two channels and could do both of the operations that the sour apple doesn’t deliver.

According to:

USB-Chart-640x148

what I’m saying is: Iphone only have one port (no longer 2 (audio+USB) and therefore both, wired headphones and charger compete and you cannot hear music when you have to charge battery and vice versa unless you use wireless headphones. If there are any technical options to charge with the headphones, or hear music with the chargig cable, I doubt :wink:

1 Like

This is correct regarding Angels, although there is an onboarding process before people get this status. The badge’s description might be a default text from the forum software which doesn’t take into account that the Angels programme is largely run by community members rather than staff at the FP office.

A simple adapter helped, before wireless headphones became handy: Belkin RockStar™ Lightning-Audio- und Ladeadapter

1 Like

Yes the lack of ports is an issue on other devices too, maybe two USBC ports. It seems that the USB port is quite vulnerable when used a lot and have to plug a headset in would clearly add a lot to that.

A USBC splitter would just be an extra thing to carry, and even if carried with the headset would still physically stress the single USB port.

I’ve convinced myself a second USB port is the way to go. :camel:

2 Likes

thats easy for sure, however would stick you to a power bank when you want to move while listening to music or stick you to one place while loading… for me personally having only 1 port is a bit odd for several reasons, but for sure you will find other people who like this…

Bit it‘s always like that with a mobile device, if you don‘t want to stick to a wall plug or have to use a powerbank.

2 Likes