Missing Vibrator intensity setting in LineageOS

LineageOS 14.1 should have a setting for the vibrator intensity, but on the Fairphone 2 (like on several other devices it seems) it does not seem to implement this.

You can find the setting with the Settings search, but the control just doesn’t pop up when you select it there.

@chrmhoffmann Hardware limitation or software bug?

1 Like

I just have searched for vibrationmotors for the other thread.
There are motors, that give a speed of like 8,000 - 16,000 rpm, while others give 12,000 +/- 3,000 rpm.
The later one seems to imply a fixed rotational speed with a relatively high variance of +/- 25%.
I would assume, that the first one can be controlled by an app or the OS, while the second will not offer that option. Maybe FP2 has installed one of the fixed rpm kind?

@Douwe, do you have any information on this topic or if not, can you get it?

3 Likes

A sceen shot from a Galaxy S5 with LOS 14.1

2 Likes

Vibrator driver for FP2 doesn’t seem to have the required min/max voltage settings exposed. Maybe with a different driver, but not out-of-the box.

Chris

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Does this work with the normal Fairphone OS?
In the TWRP I can also adjust the intensity of the vibration.
Could this possibly be adapted for LOS?

Basically I find the vibration in my FP2 much too strong. I would very much like to be able to adjust it.

2 Likes

As I already wrote above, it just seems, that the vibration motor for the FP2 has a fixed intensity and not an adjustable “rpm”.
The way I understand it, it’s like a lamp. Some can be used with a dimmer to reduce the light, while others can’t.
Unfortunately, there was no information by Fairphone on this topic.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.