Microphone not working anymore

YUP ! Same here ! !
No drop or anything of that sort , mic have just stopped , ,

• speakerphone worksfine , Open Camera videos works fine , ( but not other camera apps ) ,
  • Hard reset did not fix the problem
  • sent a ticket as well

not sure whats next either ,

3 Likes

I have the same problem, if I hard reset will I lose the photos and music that I’ve saved on my phone?

sadly yes @goodwinemma , along with all your settings and apps but you can back them all up via google , :frowning: however, a hard reset did not help the mic in my insatnce , so i wouldnt advice it , sorry.
get in touch with support , hope it’ll get fixed soon

1 Like

Did you already try to remove the module and set it back in place? It might work… Look here:

2 Likes

sadly, removing and reapplying the module firmly did not solve the problme for me . some apps would use the rear mic which might explain why this works on some of them. I have tried switching mics on my recording app and the front one is buzzing whilst the rear works fine . uugghhh , any other suggestions any one ?

4 Likes

Same problem here, the mic works fine with some apps sometimes while using it in whatsapp causes it to produce the loud background noise or to record nothing at all, really strange.

3 Likes

Okay, so I got the same problem with my FP2. Already contacted support but they didn’t answer me so far.

My microphone works for e.g. making videos, but not for calling or voice mails or stuff like that, so I also think that the rear mic works and the front mic is the problem. Has anyone found a solution yet? I really want my microphone back as soon as possible, so should I order a new module without waiting for an answer of support? Or should I wait, in case they pay for the repair?

2 Likes

Same here, it did work yesterday, but today no body can hear me when I am calling.
Removed bottom module and look for damage, bot no damage found. Cleaned the connector, but no success here either.
No drop or software upgrade in between working and not working.
Seems to be a more occurring issue?

1 Like

I am having the same problem for a week. I’d like to have some info if one of you managed to fix it in any way. Thank you.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: FP2: speech quality: peer callers often do not understand me properly

Does anyone have any expierence with changing the whole microphone module? it is not that expensive, but I don’t wanna pay for it if it’s e.g. a software problem or something.

1 Like

I am having the same doubt, wouldn’t mind ordering it but would prefer to hear the experience of others first.
Hope someone will tell us.

1 Like

If it was a software bug, everyone would be affected, but apparently it is only very few users. Did you have this problem since the beginning? If yes, it might be malfunctioning hardware. You can also pretty much rule out a software issue by reinstalling your OS.
In any case, if you got your phone with a defective hardware, you won’t need to pay anything as it falls under warranty.

1 Like

I have this problem too - microphone just stopped working and I cannot make/receive calls. Contacted Support Desk four weeks ago - automated response to say query was logged but nothing since. Have emailed twice since then and still no response.
I know my phone is under warranty but that does not help if Support refuses to engage with me.
How do I return my phone for repair?

1 Like

Unfortunately the support if overworked and has a big backlog. It is faster to call them, or if you think you’re waiting too long for a reply, you can also post it here.

Do you think it’s possible to order the new module and get the price refunded later on? I really don’t want to wait for support to answer me until I can make simple phone calls again!
Especially since the delivery costs 13,80€ on top of the 20,60, for a mistake in the phone beyond my influence.

1 Like

Call them, that speeds up replies very much. :wink:

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Sending or receiving calls is impossible because no one can here me. Something strange happened this afternoon though. The Phone charger was plugged in and while removing the charger the person on the other side hear some noise and for one moment she could here me very clearly. And than that moment disappeared.

1 Like

Sounds like a bad contact either in the bottom module, or between the bottom module and the rest of the phone. It might be worth removing the bottom module and putting it back in again. If the problem doesn’t go away, check with support about potentially getting a replacement module under warranty.

Also: you’ll probably find that calls still work in conference call mode (uses a different mic), in case you really need to make a call.

3 Likes

Hi Johannes,

I had the ame issue for weeks. I have removed and put back the bottom module. It is now working back to normal.

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like