Messages has disappeared along with my latest messages icon

I’m actually sending this while my phone is awaiting its new screen, so not the best time for it actually! But I’m at a loose end so…

After my last update (About mid-May I think) ‘Messages’ had been replaced by ‘Messenger’ which I don’t like but can live with, but I’ve also lost the icon that gives me a list of my recent messages. This means I now have to know whose message I’m looking for and look them up in ‘contacts’, in exchange for this I now have two telephone icons which do exactly the same thing.

Firstly, does anyone know how I get my recent messages icon back? I never realised how much I really needed it. And secondly, is it safe to delete one of the telephone icons or will they both disappear if I delete one of them?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean, but I assume you’re on FPOS (with G00gle Services).
The new Symbol should look like this:

And are those two Phone icons on your Homescreen or on your Apps list? If they are on your Homescreen, you can delete one of them, if they are on your Apps list, you apparently have a bug which I don’t know.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. I had to wait for the return of my phone to look for the symbol.

No, I don’t have that symbol on my homescreen, it’s in the all programs list though so I’ve dragged it over to the front page and replaced the duplicate phone icon.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.