Market for used Fairphone 3

I noticed that it is hard to buy a used Fairphone 3 or 3+. Few people seem to sell theirs, and if, there often seems to be no reaction, already sold or some other issue (probably here, on ebay or local platforms). Also, they seem to keep their value. Any other phone released 2 years ago would have a lower market value now, even if in good “used condition”. I would like to get one “for a friend”, but will probably end up buying a new Fairphone 3+.

3 Likes

This could change as soon as the first FP4s are delivered. There are probably a few FP3 users who switch to a FP4 and sell the FP3.

5 Likes

Not sure that I understand the intention of your statement, but that few are sold.is quite a good sign in my eyes, as to me it means, people are satisfied and keep their device as long as possible. Also the price for used now up to 5 year old FP2 is sometimes quite high (more than 100€) in my eyes, but there still is a market for it.

What people tent to forget when selling second hand, the price decreased for new FP3, but they look at the price they paid, so second hand is sometimes similar to current new.

If the used phone is worth the price, I think is just each buyers decision. I personally would not pay more than 50€ for used FP2 and not more than probably 200-250€ for a used FP3 without warranty.

6 Likes

I try to buy electronics used before I buy something new, even if the price is not so much less. It is just an interesting note that it is really something of value, rather than some “throw away” phone with glued in battery from 2 years ago would be.

5 Likes

Seeig the reuse and recycle program of Fairphone, you might want to wait a little to see if they don’t release refurbished FP3s as they did for the FP2 (my own FP2 is one of the last batch of refurbished ones). The price then was about 2/3 of the original price.

3 Likes

I bought mine from ebay.de and there are a few offered at the moment.

1 Like

And one is offered here in the market place.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.