Making the fair choice easier: Fairphone 4 is here

Hi @ElPasmo Welocome to the forum

This is just a user community, you best ask support@fairphone.$$$

1 Like

Please contact support @ fairphone . ***

support@fairphone.com ā€¦ (The forum protects e-mail addresses from SPAM bots automatically.)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had previous posts edited to remove the Fairphone support email address ???

Their community manager just posted this answer

We expect to onboard the FP4 on our list of supported device by end of this year.

Edit: thereā€™s a topic on non-Google OSes now with some updates at

10 Likes

The competition is worse. Letā€™s support these initiatives, while we still have them.

2 Likes

My suggestion would be to pre-order it already. Chip stocks are still low, I wouldnā€™t be so surprised if they werenā€™t able to manufacture a lot of Fairphone 4 models. At least you would then have the phone. Delivery is only halfway November, plenty of time to wait for other things to get in stock :slight_smile:

Dear Fairphone marketing department, please exercise a little more care with your photo models:

I guess I do not have to mention what is wrong hereā€¦

1 Like

I need also some exercise I believe ā€¦

I find a bit sad the recycling program is out til the end of October or (complot mode) it is to avoid people buy the new model and recycle the old one ? After all, the best you can do is not to buy a new smartphone if the previous one still works.

I donā€™t get it :slightly_frowning_face:.

3 Likes

Well, the phone is available from 25th of October on, so no big difference hereā€¦

I donā€™t see it either.

2 Likes

It is not the phone that has the focus on the picture. And in a series of photos done in a photoshooting, someone might be able to pick one on which her right leg hides the center of her hips, ā€œready to use, ā€¦ā€ How disgustingā€¦

Maybe itā€™s the bare legs thing, that the Taliban would have an issue with, even if was hairy and male maybe, then maybe not.

Oh! then thereā€™s guys who shave their legs and women with hairy ones.

Could have gone with full burka then whatever gender hairy or shaved wouldnā€™t have been an issue.

Though Fairphone could have shown more of the phone than the attractive body, but thatā€™s advertising. Then we get to why not use a 90 year old in a wheelchair or maybe a Paralympian with no legs.

Maybe in your mind. I didnā€™t even think about that. Her looks are focused on the phone and so were mine.

2 Likes

Seriously, apply some introspection here. I canā€™t believe your mind even went there. Why? Because a woman shows a bit of leg? No one sane would look at this picture and think it wasnā€™t about the phone.

2 Likes

Why are you directing this at me? I didnā€™t raise this (non-)issue.

Yes and no since the pre-order has begun today.

Wasnā€™t directed at you but subsequent to your comment.

Apologies if you thought I was targetting you