Make "Refugees Welcome" your account title

Reading and understanding aber Semantik beiseite:

Regarding the “topmost”, I would not count Gauck as such - I see your point from the official point of view but not power-wise… but this is not as important.

Concerning their being for helping refugees this may be true during the last months in a way but Germany (by doing of its politicians) did itself resist for a long time the urge of the southern EU countries to change EU regulations to redistribute refugees in a fair manner over the whole of the EU - as long as it suited them - they only changed course recently.

And again, I do not want to condemn all German politicians. No group of people ever contains only “good” or only “bad” people - don’t worry I am aware of this.
I know that there are politicians who reason and try to help in (m)any possible way(s). I just feel like there is too little resistance to the populist “statements” I referred to coming from politicians in high positions and with high media coverage like Merkel in this respect. She could leverage her apparently good image in the general public to counteract but instead Seehofer invites his new pal Orbán and celebrates the closing of the German borders as his victory…
Too many to-be and actual asylum applicants centres already burned (in the past and this year) and I do not think this to be a coincidence - some opinions just have to be flagged red by arguments in public discourse.

P.S.: I concentrated on Merkel because it is good that the opposition reacted but people who vote CDU/CSU will not forcibly take this as serious as if she had done so.

@Alfonso_Muskedunder, @merci By opening this topic, I did not intend to start a discussion about something that is already discussed in every other place. This topic only exists to make it possible for other forum users to receive a “Refugees Welcome”-title.

I will not hide your posts for now, but please continue in a PM.

1 Like

Sorry in advance about this, I just needed to scream this out somewhere… This is outraging! We have all what it needs to welcome them, but we will let them die anyway. What are we, Europeans? Are we really better than the other side? Sometimes, our leaders behave like terrorists, dividing their own people, making their country weak, just for getting more individual profit / power out of it.

ontopic: I for one don’t so much see the point of adding “refugees welcome” to a profile.
Does it mean that everyone who doesn’t have it does NOT welcome refugees? Of course not.
Does it mean that the people with it in their profile do something ACTIVELY to help refugees, and so others know whom to contact if they want to help as well? I don’t think so.
Does it mean that they (after all, it’s a fairphone forum) have donated their old phones / smartphones to organizations working with refugees? Probably not.

You want to achieve this with an account title in the Fairphone Forum?
(and I would assume refugees at the moment are happy that at least some countries do something to help a little, long before there are any unanimous actions by EU)

offtopic:
This is something I just noticed for the first time:

What does this mean? flagged by the community? Fortunately it is still possible to see the post and I don’t understand what is so objectionable about it that it needs to be hidden.
And what does “the community” mean? How many members of the forum need to flag a comment for it to be hidden? (and apparently you even get a badge when you flag a post! sorry, but that’s really bizzare)

@Stefan why not simply transfer all the discussion posts here into a new topic “Discussion: Europe and Refugees” or sth like that?

this is the flagged / hidden post (this does not mean I share the point of view, I just don’t understand the censorship):

2 Likes

I see that people need/want discussion and I’m just not in for it. I think that there should be places without discussion, where you can just be and do not have to think about serious topics. Apparently this is not possible.

I’ve unlisted this topic. You can still discuss, and you can revoke your title, or let me/us give you the title (saying title because in the forum they are called so, and not because it is an honour).

PS: I did not read the latest posts. Please don’t address me about the topic.

Great idea! Would appreciate it if you added it to my profile as well! :earth_africa:

1 Like

Is this still possible?

Sure. Moderators can change your title to whatever you want. Well whatever is reasonable I guess. Making your title “Fairphone Employee” would probably not be a good idea. :wink:

Though our president certainly doesn’t feel this way, refugees should always be welcome in America, and they certainly are in Philadelphia.

lemmie get one!?

Have a look and smile!

Looked, smiled, ty! :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.