Losing cellular

When i start/use apps that use the location service and mobile internet, i lose the cellular connection.
Emergency service only

Tested with PokemonGo, Ingress and Googlemaps. I guess heavy gps + heavy data crashes cellular

adb logcat spams:
/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux_tx_msg: failed to open inactive connd_id=29
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux: TX failed, connection inactive or in reset, conn_id=29, status_flags=4
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_ctl_tx_msg: qmi_qmux_tx_msg failed
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_ctl_handle_request: qmi_ctl_tx_msg call failed
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux_open_connection: connection is disabled for conn_id=48
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux_tx_msg: failed to open inactive connd_id=48
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux: TX failed, connection inactive or in reset, conn_id=48, status_flags=4
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux_open_connection: connection is disabled for conn_id=48
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux_tx_msg: failed to open inactive connd_id=48
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux: TX failed, connection inactive or in reset, conn_id=48, status_flags=4
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux_open_connection: connection is disabled for conn_id=57
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux_tx_msg: failed to open inactive connd_id=57
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux: TX failed, connection inactive or in reset, conn_id=57, status_flags=4
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux_open_connection: connection is disabled for conn_id=57
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux_tx_msg: failed to open inactive connd_id=57
E/QC-QMI ( 343): qmi_qmux: TX failed, connection inactive or in reset, conn_id=57, status_flags=4

it became worse over time. During the last week it become worse every day. since yesterday, it instantly goes to offline/“emergency service only” when using location+mobile data. eg. using PokemonGo
wifi + gps works
mobile data alone works
gps + offline (mobile data dissabled and wifi dissabled) does not work. it kills the cellular connection.
I tried using Googlemaps offline

what other information are needed? it might be related to the “reenter pin” issues other users have

iam with AldiTalk germany (O2/Eplus)
OS: 1.5.1 updated today. Had the same issue on 1.2.8. (updated today)

i did a factory reset and downgraded to 1.2.8 and 1.4.2 with no difference.

1 Like

You might want to check this topic:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/network-disconnects-gps-problems-and-re-entering-sim-possible-workarounds/20642/2?source_topic_id=20685

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.