Looking to buy FP2 (in Canada)

Looking for an FP2 that will ship to Canada. Getting a new one from ecosto seems to be one option, but before I commit to that I thought I would see if there are any economical used options first. Thank you!

2 Likes

Realised that I actually can get a new one shipped through ecosto that ends up being only about 350EUR shipped, due to not being subject to VAT. So think I’m going to go that way. Thanks!

2 Likes

I would do so as well.
This way ou get a right to return the product within 14 days and a warranty.

Just noticed, that replacement batteries might be hard to come by outside of Europe.
So take good care of your battery and have a look at the #batteryguide or some online information on how to treat batteries best. :wink:

Yeah…that is something I’m a bit concerned about, since diminishing battery life is always the first thing to bother me on a phone. However, I have some backup plans (I know a lot of people who travel to Europe at least occasionally, as do we - and worst comes to worst, I found a forwarding company in Europe that can forward them on through just one of their delivery providers). :slight_smile: Fingers crossed that this’ll work!

2 Likes

Bear in mind that you might have to pay Canadian VAT after the parcel touches down (unless you have a special tax-exempt status, e.g. when you are a business yourself). At least that is the way it would be in opposite direction: Customs holds the parcel until you pick it up and pay the tax bill – or the delivery service will charge you at your door. In some cases such parcels slip through customs though, it’s a bit of a lottery.

2 Likes

That is true - but there’s the same chance of having to do that any way I get one, even on used items. And our GST is substantially lower than VAT, as well.

2 Likes

As an update - I ordered Sunday, phone arrived today! Paid about $42 CAD in duties, so overall definitely didn’t work out badly on costs. And since it’s only supposed to get up to -25 or so this weekend, I’ll have plenty of indoor time over the next couple of days to get it all set up!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.