Looking for spare right Earbud

What product(s) are you looking for?

I lost the right earbud of my “True Wireless Stereo Earbuds”. Does anybody has a spare ?

thanks,
carl, germany

Where would it/they need to be shipped (country or city)?

Other, remarks:

NB: If you are interested and want to send a direct message, please check #how-to-dm.
Be aware, that cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t help you, but let me just rant about FP for a second. How the frick is it possible that they don’t sell the headphones and case individually. 50% of their marketing about the phone is that it can be taken apart and repaired by one’s self, yet they don’t provide singular items for things that already consist of multiple pieces. I have no idea what is happening in this company at the moment, but it is drifting in the wrong direction at an ever increasing speed imo.

If it were not for the working conditions and material sourcing, they’d be on the same level as Apple by now.

1 Like

Usually one earbud is the primary device and the other is the secondary. The primary links with your phone and communicates with the secondary. I’m not saying it’s impossible to replace an earbud. But it would require some firmware support for this re-pairing. I hope FP will introduce this sometime. Because I don’t think any other company offers this. I think the second generation earbuds will be modular, just like the first Fairphone wasn’t modular but mainly focused on fairtrade and long use. By then I probably have to replace my old Jabra earbuds anyway.

2 Likes

@Stanzi @UPPERCASE Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that the earbuds are non-replaceable. To bad i now have generated a piece of high-tech waste I just need to throw away, disappointing when buying from a company like FP. Hopefully FP will do something about it in their next-gen earbuds.

Please also contact Fairphone support, we can only guess and help you towards the right direction. But Fairphone is the one that can truly help you.

1 Like

I will, but chances to get help are low, since they write here : (https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407930364177-Fairphone-True-Wireless-Stereo-TWS-Earbuds )
"We do not provide separate left- or fitting earbuds or a standalone case in loss or repair. We handle the TWS Earbuds as a complete unit. " , thats why I asked here first.

Thanks for the thoughts. This might also provide an explanation why Fairphone is not offering individual earbuds (not that it is a solace … :frowning: ).

@carl1 I think it would be good if you kept this search topic nevertheless. In case there might be an earbud match, it would still help to find out if uppercase’s reasoning can be verified or falsified. In the worst case, you might still be able to help out someone else with a simpler request.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to be the case for the FP earbuds:

They might be linked anyway, so what you say is still partly valid.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Significant update from Fairphone (penultimate para):

1 Like