Looking for a FP2 Bottom Module - Netherlands (Rotterdam)

I am in need of a (standard; no new USB C-port) FairPhone2 Bottom Module.

(Once you have found the product you were looking for, please add [FOUND] in front of the topic title or ask one of the #communitymoderators to do it for you)

Where would it/they need to be shipped (country or city)?

Rotterdam, the Netherlands

Other, remarks:

I am desperately in need of a FairPhone2 bottom module as my microphone broke down. I can now only use my phone when it is on speaker or with head phones, but that is quite frustrating (especially when you forget the head phones when you are on the road). As I normally live in Indonesia, I only have a few weeks here in the Netherlands now - until halfway September - and I really hope someone can help me with this! I really like my FairPhone and I don’t want to buy a new one, just for a broken microphone…

NB: If you are interested and want to send a direct message, please check #how-to-dm.
Be aware, that cross-border shipment of batteries outside a phone is virtually impossible for individuals.

1 Like

Hi @Eline11 welcome to the forum

From you post I imagine you know that there are some modules with a new USB C port being manufactured and given the demand that may be your best option unless you get the current one repaired.

See the following post which gives an idea of what is involved

Hi Amoun,

Thank you so much for your message and for sharing the information of what is required for the module with the new USB C port. As I don’t have any equipment to do all this myself, I indeed prefer to buy a ‘normal’ spare FP2 bottom module from someone that has it left over. Hope I can still find it in time…

Whilst you’re looking for a module maybe see if a friend or shop will do the repair :woman_mage: :mage:

Thanks so much Amoun. I will also look at that option in parallel. Do you know how long the delivery of the new FP2 bottom module with USB C-port will take on average?

Best ask the Master Module Maker @Leo_TheCrafter

1 Like

Be aware, that those modules are not manufactured yet, not even the parts are ordered. @Leo_TheCrafter is only making a list of potential buyers at the moment and will start to produce somewhat later. So I would not expect the first new modules arriving in the next weeks.
See first posting in the thread: FP2 new USB-C bottom module new batch

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.