Looking for a bottom module

Hi! My bottom module stopped working (something in the microphone is not well connected, I have to press the phone unitl it gets properly connected, and after some time it goes away again). So I would like to get a new one, maybe second hand to make it cheaper.

I also want a new battery but I guess it is better to get a new one since batteries get “old” as time passes.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Maybe a bit off topic, but I make USB-C bottom modules that are also more reliable as the old ones are known to have broken mics and usb ports.
I might also have a original somewhere, but it might very well break again. For the battery, I have second hand ones but they are all not perfect and are all pretty used. I reccomend buying a brand new battery as long as they are still available.

2 Likes

Hi Leo! How much does your module cost? I could be interested in one of those. However, I guess my Slim Case won’t work with your USB-C module. Do you provide also the case? Or a 3D model for it?

Thank you

1 Like

I’m not yet fix for a price and the next batch is still in development, but it’ll be probably 15-20€ for the module (you need to install speaker and vibration motor yourself) and I’ll also provide a case. I’m currently testing a new back cover to snap on to an existing slim case but I don’t want to fix myself with the price there as it is mostly depends on the machine time, not the ABS

1 Like

Ok, do you know when will you have it ready? My issue is quite uncomfortable, so I would like to solve it soon…

15-20€ is in line with Fairphone’s prices, so it would be ok for me.
Only drawback is not having the fairtrade guarantees that Fairphone provides!

2 Likes

Hi! I have a spare bottom module and a newish battery (1 year old) - core module of my wifes fairphone stopped working… The modules and battery still work: I tested it with my fairphone when I tried to locate what may be broken on her phone.
If you want to, you can have both for 25 Euros plus shipping? I live in Germany so shipping price depends on where you live.

2 Likes

I think I will get a new battery, 1 year old battery will be somehow “aged”, so I prefer a brand-new one. Would you consider selling the bottom module alone?

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.