Lock screen widgets

I was wondering about this as well, I created a support request for this a couple of days ago.
I will let you know as soon as I have a reply.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot

I know this is about the lock screen widgets - but: have you found the general menu for widgets? Somehow I can’t…:neutral_face:

[quote=“Ylein, post:9, topic:11650”]
I know this is about the lock screen widgets - but: have you found the general menu for widgets? Somehow I can’t…:neutral_face:
[/quote]It’s in the manual, hold-press the desktop.

Aaaaw, I knew I’ve seen it before! Cheers!

So I got a reply from Support (I translated the reply from Dutch):

Google build this camera and phone swipe behavior on the Lockscreen into Android 5.1, and this behavior cannot be changed.
This is a choice from Google we have no influence over.
It may be possible to do this with certain apps, but you’ll have to search in Google Play Store for that.
Or you can ask in our Forum.

I searched in the Google Play Store, and found several Apps.
I chose Echo.
Note that the default Lockscreen should be disabled when using this App.

Edit: Hmm, Echo has no options for widgets as well, it’s just another Lockscreen as is.
I like it by the way, but it’s not really a solution for the TS.

5 Likes

My counter started after I shared it via whatsapp (although I had to share an age of 0 minutes :slight_smile:

I just want the time, the rest is useless to me. Echo was a good input, thanks @jpderuiter.
However, I would appreciate if it had something to go directly to the phone like the other lock screen had. someone has ideas for that?

1 Like

Hi, I tried Hi Locker because of that, and it works pretty well (you can choose several lock screens)

1 Like

My age counter started ticking just 3 hours ago - when I first discovered its existance. I have the phone in use since 3 days though. Funny gimmick but not more, I think. Thanks @jpderuiter for the intel about the lock screen widgets. I miss my flashlight on the lock screen.
EDIT: my bad, you can swipe down on the lockscreen - voilà your flashlight :smile:

1 Like

Ok I have a question about notifications on the lock screen… I just want mail and sms notifications but not from any application I use… the problem is up to now that if I disable notifications from an application I don’t get them on the status bar either… anyone figured out this one yet?

You can set the notifications of every app separate.
Perhaps if you set the mail and sms notifications to priority, it will solve your problem.

Go to 'Settings’
go to 'Sound & notification’
go to 'Notifications’
go to ‘Messaging’ (just as an example)
slide the dot to the right.
Now you will see the word ‘Priority’ under the word ‘Messaging’

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Changing colour Temperature of Background picture in Lockscreen

Hi there, I’m a new FP2 user. Does anyone know how to remove the annoying “EDIT” word on the Fairphone 2 lockscreen clock? I like the clock, but don’t want to see “EDIT” all the time. Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t think that’s possible.

Hello is it possible to use the camera Hardware button when the lockscreen is activated? Similar to the symbol in the right corner. Do you have an idea?

Same with me. I also don’t like the edit text.

I have the same problem like @jens.hermes: I just want the clock on the lockscreen.
When I need to know quickly what time it is, it’s pretty annoying to search through all those funny, but not so useful gimmicks like “Your Fairphone for 4 months…”, “Your battery will be fully charged at…”, “You have enjoyed rest for…” :-/
Is there any chance to ban those three widgets from the lockscreen? Or do I have to install this Hi Locker App for that?

When you start the phone swipe from left to right (or right to left)till you see the clock on the lockscreen. Then swipe from bottom to top.
Next time you start the phone the first thing it will show is the clock on the lockscreen/

1 Like

You’re right! you just have to set it once…