Lineage OS 16.0 issues and questions

I’m quite happy with LOS16, still from may (waiting for the June security update :slight_smile: ). I do have the impression, though, that the phone gets a bit sluggish with longer uptime, and it looks like memory pressure is higher, even though it looks like i have normally between 400 and 500MB free, apps get killed aggressively when in background.

Wow. I didnt realized i applied the wrong file when updated a couple of weeks ago. Now im on the microg track. Thanks!

I had some problems when changing the font size and display size. After restarting the phone i couldnt pass from the unlock screen. I type the pin and screen goes black and get back to locked screen in an infinite loop. I managed to find a hint of the problem: if i click on emergency call and having the dial pad on screen swipe down the notification bar to get the icons, the. I click.in any and it prompted for the pin to unlock. After typing it doesnt go black. Instead a dialog box shows app saying that system UI is not working and gives me the options of “show info” or “close” any which brings me back to the locked screen.

The only solution found was to restore the phone from the TWRP boot and setting font/display size in default.

Thou im sure i was using small settings on those before.

Im using the micorg version of 10th of June.

EDIT:

it might be related with a widget (probably YR weather or aCalendar) as I already got stuck in the loop with default sizes. I will keep it without resizing and without widgets for testing.

EDIT 2:
It happened again. without widgets and default sizes. but this time happened meanwhile I was listening music in spotify. so there was an image and a animation in the locked screen. I tried unlock it and got stuck in the loop again. I restarted and didnt manage to unlock even when the animation wasn’t there anymore. but it certainly is something with the UI.

I had to restore it again, now testing, without lock screen animations from media, no widgets, no resizing and no pin code!

Is anyone having any issues with the latest builds? I wanted to try the latest FP OS and realised that I definitely prefer LOS but now it won’t boot up when I reinstall it… I’ve tried a few builds now. Is it just my phone maybe?

Well it’s not the phone because I’ve tried to install Lineage on my partner’s old FP2 and it hasn’t worked either. This is crazy. I’ve had no error messages at any point…

Which steps did you take to install LineageOS, did you wipe the phone completely?

If in doubt, just do steps 1 to 4 of this guide before trying again …

I did all that - on both phones! It’s so strange. I can’t work it out. I can reinstall the FPOS but not Lineage. But I want Lineage :sob:

What is the filename of the build you are trying to install, and what is your TWRP version?

I worked back from the current build to lineage-16.0-20190930-nightly-FP2-signed.zip in three or four steps. So I’ve tried a few packages. And the TWRP version is twrp-3.3.1-0-FP2.img. Thank you for your help…again!

I did the following for testing …

• Installed Fairphone OS 19.08.1, confirmed it boots and did initial setup.
  • Installed TWRP 3.3.1-0.
  • Wiped the phone strictly according to the guide step 4.
  • Installed lineage-16.0-20191011-nightly-FP2-signed.zip, confirmed it boots and did initial setup.

So I can’t reproduce what’s going on on your phones, sorry.

1 Like

I knew something strange was going on. It must be my computer when adb sideloading, although everything seems to go through fine. I have no error messages. I think I’m going to stick with the FPOS for now, if I can get the dual sim to work. Otherwise - I can’t waste anymore time on this thing - I’m off to the phone shop.

Well I got Lineage working. For some reason the modem.zip was the issue, I booted into LOS without installing it initially and then installed it on a subsequent reboot, so I have that sorted at least. Still having issues with dual sim. I think it might be a problem with the homologation process here in Colombia. I still have network access, just no data… So I’m going to take it back in to the shop where they sorted that for me and see if I can get this thing working again!

The mystery deepens. Now my phone is seemingly functioning better than before, with both SIM cards fully functioning and with data speeds that are nuts. I’m just not going to question it and thank you for your help @AnotherElk

2 Likes

If you have 2FA/MFA enabled (you should!) you need to create an app password. I made one for P=P (K-9 opportunistic encryption fork), and one for Aurora (Yalp material design fork). I keep mine in a password manager.

Were you able to fix it? It works fine here. Make sure you understand the latest version as there are multiple available.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Anonymous app download using Aurora store

I have the problem with the sensors also. My phone seemingly recognizes no sensors at all; I installed a sensor testing app and none of those worked (auto-rotation aka acceleration, light sensor and proximity sensor being the most important to me).

regarding the download manager: I experienced issues with it and for me they were solved by going to the app details through preferences and clearing all data for the download manager and connected apps (i think it was called something like media provider?). maybe you can try that?

@dasSuperbanshee
Have a look at

that resolved my issues :slight_smile:

Hi, all
I changed from LOS 15.1 to LOS 16 some 2 months ago,
things are working good so far, except for battery life, like @stanzi also said in june in this thread

The thing is: Before, on LOS15.1, it lastet easily 2 days in my normal use case, now it’s below 2 days, which is really annoying for me, b/c this disrupts my charging routine.

I wiped the system and data before installing, so there should me much remains of the previous system

I investigated with BetterBatteryStats, it listed 32% or more „Awake (Screen Off)“ time
So I started kicking things out of the System
no more Messenger on the phone
email checking Schedule
magisk gcm doze
phone usage reduced as much as possible

Awake (Screen Off) is now at about 12%
but I still hardly get 2 days out off it, and the phone isn’t of much use at the moment

I don’t have this Batterystat values for LOS15.1
but is this value normal?

what is your exerpience with battery life?
thanks

#Batteryguide is not helpful
I’m thinkig a litte bit about going back to 15.1

1 Like

My impression is somehow the opposite. Changing from LOS 15.1 to LOS 16 last year in August increased the time between charging the batterie from about 2 days to about 3 days. I didn’t monitor this in detail. Maybe the main improvement came later with a newer build of LOS 16 or with an update of one of the Apps on my FP2.

update 18.02.2020 to 19.02.2020:
I spend some time in #dic:safemode
batteryusage is a bit lower, but phone is nearly useless
so I still don’t known what I’ll do