Lineage 18.1 - finally official

There were recently some Commits related to file systems for the external SDCard. I tried to use F2FS which is recognized but has some problems. I already reported this to LineageOS bugtracker: Problems with Android folder (+ subfolders data and obb) on SDCard after recent file system commits (#4881) · Issues · LineageOS / issues / android · GitLab
@chrmhoffmann Could you (and others) take a look or try to use F2FS as SDCard filesystem?

Thanks,
Singu

Did you or anybody found a solution to keep root during a LOS update?

No, I never managed to solve this.

1 Like

The display of my FP2 doesn’t turn on when I plug in a cable/charger. The option is enabled. Does anybody else experience this? Is it a known issue or a wrong configuration which I can change somewhere?

Anyone who played around with other FS than FAT on SDCard?

Singu

Yep, ext4 here: Use a different format for sd-card as portable storage (ext3, ext4, extfat)

Works for me !

lore ipsum

1 Like

My employer requires me to use my phone for passwordless authentication with the Microsoft Authenticator app in the near future. While MFA has worked with LOS 18.1 on the FP2 so far, my phone fails to setup this last step towards passwordless authentication, namely the “phone sign-in”. In the last step (similar as explained here: Enable and setup passwordless sign-in with Microsoft Authenticator app - CloudPilot.no Just another Cloud and PowerShell blog) I get an overlay telling me “This feature is not supported on your device” and so the overall step fails. I could imagine it is something similar as with some banking apps which complain about rooted devices (which my phone isn’t).

Does anyone have experiences with a similar setup?

Unfortunately the app is not really verbose, so it’s pretty hard to say what the actual issue is. If it was any (wrong) complaint about root I would expect it to pop up at the very beginning when starting the app. As a last resort before quitting the job in this company ( :wink: ) I’ll try switching to FPOS, but actually I was happy with LOS…

PS: With colleagues I’ve been discussing Android emulator on our computers, but I read that the Authenticator might not like that, either…

Dont understand a lot about MFA so maybe a dumb comment: what about using e.g. Aegis instead of Microsoft Auth App?

2 Likes

Nice idea for everything that works already, but not for the proprietary feature “passwordless authentication”. Therefore I asked for experiences with this specific feature.
Today I learned that a colleague of mine has all this magic running on an unfair phone which is rooted. That makes it even more strange that it doesn’t want to work with my FP2…

No experinence just an idea. Is it probably related to some sort of hardware security zone like ARM TrustZone.

Sometimes you can understand what’s happening by looking at the log given by typing “adb logcat” from your computer (first enable USB debugging) and searching for the app name :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the hint, I’ll try this before changing to the stock OS because my company’s helpdesk has just given up on this. Currently it looks like they want to resolve this by adding a remark that only stock OSes are supported…

From all I can see in adb logcat (with filters on the authenticator app) there’s nothing that looks suspicious at the first sight unfortunately :confused:
But as I wanted to see if there are any missed updates I saw that the build pipeline seems to have stopped producing weekly builds. @chrmhoffmann, do you know what is (not) going on there?

Changed to monthly as far as I can see for all 18.1 builds

3 Likes

Hi,

no idea. adb logcat doesn’t show much info and googling did not help either. Maybe it requires biometrics or higher version of keymaster/gatekeeper/keystore. Could be worthwile installing stock FP rom, too, maybe someone from FP knows.

Chris

1 Like

Indeed. We are lucky they didn’t drop 18.1 entirely. Chris

5 Likes

And this is where my Lineage OS journey ends with my FP2: Yesterday I installed FPOS to see if that solves the Authenticator app issue and luckily or unfortunately (cannot decide yet) it does. Without this special requirement I would have sticked to LOS probably until the phone would give up but that was difficult now. On the positive side: FPOS doesn’t feel quite different, they have done a good job, too.
Thanks for enabling me to use it for a few years without any major issues!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.