Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Where can you download it? I’ve checked here and it’s not there yet: https://download.lineageos.org/FP2

Trying to work out whether I’m brave enough too :slight_smile:

I neither see it on LineageOS Downloads nor on Fairphone 2 - FP2 - LineageOS 17.1 Changelog

Where have you seen it?

https://download.lineageos.org/FP2/changes/

and in the Updater-App on my Phone

1 Like

Ah, ok, thanks. Now it’s also available at https://download.lineageos.org/FP2 incl. download link (it’ll be a fresh install for me) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did a fresh install on my device for testing. Works so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just did a fresh install and so far everything lineage-related is working :slight_smile:
except the OpenGApps: I’ve installed the pico package via adb sideload. but somehow the signature verification failed: error 21
even though the installation worked by adb, there aren’t any google related apps visible after the first start.
I did the adb-sideloads with the new Lineage-recovery.

edit:
OpenGApps-version: open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20200401.zip
Lineage-recovery-version: lineage-17.1-20200401-recovery-FP2.img

Just noticed I have the same problem. I flashed open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20200325.zip via adb sideload directly after the LOS image and didn’t notice any error. But there are no Google apps when running the system.

Same problem with open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20200401.zip or open_gapps-arm-10.0-nano-20200401.zip

1 Like

Chris said in an earlier post to flash the OpenGApps zip at the same time as the Lineage zip. Maybe it can be a reason for failure? (in addition to the OpenGApps bug for Android 10…)

Are there first reports about Wifi stability? Is there a new (or older) or reworked WLAN driver in this version? LoS was unusable via Wifi for me.

I have the same problem. No Google app available

Installation had worked perfectly. My wifi works. No need for Google as F-Droid and Aurora work perfectly.

4 Likes

Yes, i have the same problem with open gapps. Seems it’s broken. :frowning:

You didn’t wait for me to give green lights :slight_smile:

Chris

7 Likes

Installation worked well (I don’t use any gapps).

What I’m missing so far are the LiveDisplay settings. It look like this, no changes can be made:

1 Like

I upgraded to 17.1.

I installed lineage then google apps (for android 10) in the same time

The lineage boot logo runs in a loop, even after several hours.

Is there a difference between the TWRP and the lineage recovery or is the lineage recovery necessary for the LOS 17.1?

I have some questions concerning upgrading from 16.0 to 17.1:
Will the upgrade remove the SU addon that I installed via ZIP or should I flash the SU removal ZIP before upgrading?
Will the F-Droid privilege extension work after upgrading or do I have to reflash it? Will it work at all with 17.1?

I ran into an issue with 17.1 that is caused by the architecture of 17.1: I need to place my own CA certificate in /system/etc/security/cacerts. Since 17.1 is now installed with “system-as-root”, the “system” partition no longer exists. Neither TWRP or an ADB root shell allow me to mount “/” read/write.

Is there a solution?

This is exactly the issue. Current image is read only. Do not install this image.

su package does not exist anymore. You have to use adb root or install magisks

Chris

Anyone has tested to hide Magisk root from banking app? That was the only thing blocking me from using the Beta LOS17 as a daily driver :wink:

1 Like